WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > General Community Discussion > General MMORPG Discussion
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
VasqueZ85
Initiate

VasqueZ85 is an unknown quantity at this point
swtormovies sirious?

Hey folks,

i made a movie and uploaded it. I get much positive response ingame and guildforums/realmforums.
But if i have a look at my comments, there are 1k+ views, 4 votes -> 2 trollvotes.

It is 50/50 ...
It's not about that bad vote, if my movie is bad, it is bad But these 2 votes are commented with lies.

I dont think they have watched it, an example what the comments say:
i never drop below 80% life,
i do keyturning, backpaddeling and clicking,
there only weak opponents
there are too much firestunning kills (huttball) and bridgekicking (voidstar)

These are lies!

there are too much firestunning kills (huttball) and bridgekicking (voidstar)
reality:
there is a full huttballmatch i show in the movie, well, shall i cut out the firekill and just show how i get the point for my team without showing any reason how i managed to get the ball? ok ok ... there !3! firekills and the last one is a primary action for the whole game.

at the random clips i got 2 of them, and in the first this one i pulled in it would have died anyway and the focus on this scene is that i got pulled into fire and managed a counter.

there is 1 bridgekick. The video got abit less than 20 minutes!

i never drop below 80% life

reality:
yes, some scenes where i die coz i'am helping out to get an objective.
i have maybe 1, 2 or 3 scenes where i have more than 80% life, these are objective scenes, there is no focus on "how i kill a pro" there is the focus on "how i kill him fast tu get the bomb planted/tower tapped". Even in those objectivescenes i'm often lowlife!

i do keyturning, backpaddeling and clicking

reality:
just look at my bars, there is no clicking.
in the same comment there is trolling about my strafing, oh wait ... keyboardturning and strafing? well possible but did he really watched the movie?
i do not turn with "A" and "D" ... i move and i only can turn with mouse.

backpaddeling? i turn backward with "S" yes ... but its only in use if i realy have to move a little step back without losing the sight or its even faster than turning run and turning back coz its a nanosecond i hit on "S" to adjust my position.
i tought backpaddeling was running backward while fighting... well i did'nt... just another trolling.

about the weak opponents, uhm... dunno but for example, the duels against the full warhero marauder and the warhero/battlemaster pyrotech were very hard. The marauder knows to play, i know thats wasnt his best duel against me, but got no other of him but thats another point. he isnt bad at all. the pyrotech .... i got freakin lucky to survive this! he also is a damn good(maybe the best on the server) pyrotech.

tl:dr... yay.

the point is, i get trolled with full of lies. If i watch other movies, here on this site gettin fully 5 points or almost bestvote, but these movies are horrible of gameplay and cuts (well which "cuts").

or some zergactionmaraudervideo who is crushing his massive power crits into a healer and can kill him... 4+ voting.

do i really need david guetta, bigcritz, killcount and epilepticFX to get nice votes? i mean, they talk about my knowledge at pvp, its no knowledge to do high crits an zerg around like a starshiptrooper.
its about how i can takedown my enemy effektiv and fast, its about to help my mates even if i die and at least how to get the damn objective that my team can win! well and i know the other classes, not perfectly but the important things.

again tl:dr.

at least there is no good reputation left for swtormovies if horrible movies get upvoted and other movies get trolled.
i know that my movie isnt the best, but it isnt horrible, there are pretty good scenes and ports and the music wasnt chosen by maximum bass'n'beats, its depending on the situation/part. i didn't want to make a mtv-music-vid with the present "voice"-actors ... i tried to get a nice backround for the part. but all what is going to be seen is "oh no crit... no bass... i am trolling" ?

and yes, it is frustrating, spend over 20h pure workin on it. and another one records 2 warzones in a row, throw it into moviemaker and gettin 4+ votes ... sirious?

is it about to show the world how damn big is my d*ck? i tought its about to do something for entertainment.
and dont get me wrong, i dont mean the admins, the site itself ... its the community, or atleast some of them, the others wont vote or allready did.
but 50% trollvoting isnt a proof for quality.

sorry for my bad english, lost in rage.
over and out!
VasqueZ85 is offline   Reply With Quote