WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Actors & Directors Corner
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-30-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
lakati
Initiate

lakati is unknown at this point
CASTING for documentary project

Hi everyone,

I'm a film-maker from Melbourne, Australia and I'm currently working on a short (ten minute) machinima-documentary about virtual worlds, migration and identity.

This documentary is about the challenges of beginning a whole life, identity and community from scratch. I started thinking about this doco whilst I was living overseas, feeling pretty lonely and isolated and thinking a lot about migration and the difficulty of starting a whole life afresh. How do you do it? Why? What do you look for in a new life and new identity? What do you leave behind?

So, I'm looking for people who'd like to contribute to the project!

I'm open to following where the project goes and so I would like to talk to anyone who can share their experience of needing, searching for, and finding a new virtual community/identity. I'm ESPECIALLY keen to make contact with people who in addition to being part of a virtual world community also have an experience of real-world migration - perhaps having moved interstate or to a different country.

From this research I'm looking to find characters who can appear on-screen to tell their stories.

I'd like to combine real-world with machinima footage, so I'm also REALLY keen to hear from people in MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA who'd be interested in appearing in non-avi form!

As a newcomer to the scene I originally planned to set this machinima-doco in Second Life as its the platform I'm most familiar with. After some more exploration I've decided to throw the doors open to users of any platform. I won't make any claims to be an experienced virtual world user but I do have film-making experience, and I want to learn more about virtual worlds from the people I meet.

This film WILL be shown as part of a short-film selection in Melbourne in December and (if all goes to plan) will go on to screen in festivals, so you'll get great exposure.

If anyone is interested in being involved, drop me a line at [email protected]. And please pass on the word to anyone you know who may be interested!

Thanks!
lakati is offline   Reply With Quote