WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
Pellster
Initiate

Pellster is an unknown quantity at this point
@Thiras, Rendering with Xvid Guidhttp://www.mmorpgforum.net/newthread.php?do=newthree

Ok, so I read your guide and have a couple of quick questions. Just for time's sake, I will jump right into them and number them so you can answer them quickly and clearly when you get time. Thanks in advance.

1. Ok, in the frame rate box it shows, 30,000000. Is that the same as if I put 30.000000? When I put the comma in there instead of a period it always changes the number.

2. If I play WoW in 1440x900 Widescreen should I set the dimensions to that, or something else?

3. After I set it to "Twopass-1st Pass" and render it I save it to the desktop. For the "Twopass-2nd Pass" do I open the file I just saved to the desktop and render it again with the 2nd Pass?

4. In conjunction with question 3, when I do the 2nd pass you said to set the bitrate somewhere between 2000-3000. Could you explain why I am doing this, and also, what is the default bitrate that it is set at for the 1st pass?

If you need any clarification, let me know. Thanks for your help, your guide is great.
Pellster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:38 PM   #2
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellster View Post
Ok, so I read your guide and have a couple of quick questions. Just for time's sake, I will jump right into them and number them so you can answer them quickly and clearly when you get time. Thanks in advance.

1. Ok, in the frame rate box it shows, 30,000000. Is that the same as if I put 30.000000? When I put the comma in there instead of a period it always changes the number.

2. If I play WoW in 1440x900 Widescreen should I set the dimensions to that, or something else?

3. After I set it to "Twopass-1st Pass" and render it I save it to the desktop. For the "Twopass-2nd Pass" do I open the file I just saved to the desktop and render it again with the 2nd Pass?

4. In conjunction with question 3, when I do the 2nd pass you said to set the bitrate somewhere between 2000-3000. Could you explain why I am doing this, and also, what is the default bitrate that it is set at for the 1st pass?

If you need any clarification, let me know. Thanks for your help, your guide is great.

Hi there

1) Just type 30 and click ok, should turn into 30,0000 etc
2) If you record at full screen, yes, 1440x900, if half you should use 720x448 (not 450 as one might think)
3) The first pass actually creates a stats file (which I think is hidden, should be in the C: root) and just outputs a dummy (empty) .avi - the one you saved. The dummy vid is created because the windows AVI api requires that a file be created (it's ancient..). You should just save your movie "again", either overwriting the 1st pass file or creating a new one, it doesn't matter.
4) The bitrate is how many kbits/second you want the video to be in average. The first pass doesn't have this setting because it's a "scan", sort of. It notes down complexity etc for each frame and in the 2nd pass it applies your desired bitrate to the video using the stats from the 1st pass.

Hope this was some help

Last edited by Thiras : 02-21-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:48 PM   #3
Pellster
Initiate

Pellster is an unknown quantity at this point
Seems like you answered everything I needed. I'll get back to you if I run into any problems, going to start it up now. Thanks for the help.
Pellster is offline   Reply With Quote