WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > World of Warcraft > General Discussion
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
Initiate

Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker is unknown at this point
They do put effort into designing wow. You can't make everything look badass.
Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:36 AM   #2
Corteaz
Initiate

Corteaz is unknown at this point
The idea that you can critise a leading game developer's design team....well....makes me facepalm. It truely does.

Imo these sets look sweet - Better then the t7 sets.
Corteaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
The OP'ers point is they all look pretty much exactly the same. I and about 1000 other people have been requesting Blizzard do a little better with the armor and weapon design for years. I have seen and played a ton of Korean games, our point was to show Blizzard that if they hired a couple Korean weapon and armor designers and let them use their imagination we would get better looking armor and weapons. As it is now Blizzard uses a lot of the same models over and over and all they do is alter the color or add an aura or something, make it bigger or smaller. While that is a genius way to save a ton of money it isn't what a lot of people want. I have seen hundreds if not thousands of forum threads about how people are tired of this method they use. The game is great, new content and the whole shebang, but the one topic, armor and weapons is what it boils down to. It's not that we don't like the armor sets. it is more or less the models used.
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
robertprior
Initiate

robertprior is unknown at this point
Think of it in FPS. If you have even a moderately good PC your fps is no more than 75 in Northrend, now Imagine the minus fps you'd get if you had Dx10 & Shadow 3.0 on every piece of armour you're wearing. And then lets think about raiding, think about how much fps you'd get when there's yours, and 19+ other people steaming round a room casting high-quality spells at an idividual server-based boss (also Dx10 with S 3.0) whilst the rest of your group (or whatever hasnt been completely annihilated through the lack of FPS) jump around into various different lighting positions firing quick-fire spells with high quality textures and lighting effects on themself, aiming them at your Dx10 Shadow Model 3.0 boss with set scripts, speaches and behaviours.

I estimate your fps to be at approximately -75 now.

You cannot compare this game to an FPS, the engines are FAR apart in similarity of design. So don't say "Oh i can do all that on Crysis in DX10!" when Crysis shitty Crytek engine literally does make you want to cry because its so appauling.

Last edited by robertprior : 03-21-2009 at 12:50 PM.
robertprior is offline   Reply With Quote