WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2011, 02:24 AM   #1
Taxmaster
Initiate

Taxmaster is unknown at this point
A Few Quick Questions

I used to make little machinima films maybe around 5 years back. Lately, I've had the strong urge to begin making films again but I was little when I first started, I want to make better ones than I did obviously.

Back then, I used some sort of program that had every model in WoW. I'd make characters from scratch and put armor on them and everything. I forget what program I used to record.

The thing I'm noticing is that a lot of people use fraps now and go onto WoW itself to film their movies.

My questions are this:

1. Is it practical to still use some sort of model viewer like I described or should I go in-game and film?

2. What editing software would you guys recommend for an intermediate user?

3. What would you guys basically recommend in general for someone who hasn't done anything like this for 5 years?
Taxmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
Kruku
Initiate

Kruku is an unknown quantity at this point
1. Well, I'm doing a lot of machinimas myself and I never use the model viewers, for one basic reason - I like filming people, not models. It has some drawbacks - perfection is almost impossible, number of moves/emotes limited, camera angles not always what I wish for and there is no way to have decent fighting scenes. But still I find it much more amusing than doing a machinima without other people than myslef involved.

2. I am a basic user of the editing software and I use Sony Vegas pro 9.0. It was difficult at he beginning, but YT tutorials helped and now I wouldn't change it for the world. Although many people recommended Adobe After Effects as better for the effects. I don't use them much, so I stick to Sony.

3. It depends on what kind of machiimas you want to do - best to watch some films on WCM, it'll give you a general overview of what people are doing.
Kruku is offline   Reply With Quote