Hall of Fame member

Dopefish is notable
http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=34250

There's always new ways to make a movie
Dopefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:16 PM   #12
Darkalus

Darkalus is unknown at this point
I would want to see something really creative and meaningful, and something that can make the audience think for a while after viewing it. Good examples will be Edge of Remorse or The Graveyard.
On the other hand I also prefer long, epic storyline movies with a great mix of inspiring film music. The best example will ofcourse be Tales of the Past II.
Darkalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #13
deadworkersparty

deadworkersparty is unknown at this point
How about taking a quest line and making it into a movie. The plot is already there, so it seems like it could be pretty easy to write. This could even be a series, where each episode follows the same hero through a different quest line. Has that been done before?
Old 01-24-2007, 05:41 AM   #14
Z.x

Z.x is unknown at this point
This thread is a little old, but I'll throw in my 2 cents anyways.

You know what I say.... that making movies based on what everyone else wants to see, is in itself 'overdone'. No offense or anything, but the way I see it, it's impossible to please everyone; some people will always find something to whine about in every video. So I say, make a movie of whatever you want to see. Maybe don't always stick to this plan for every video (if you don't like it after the first time), but make at least one video of what you like to watch and define as a 'good/fun machinima video'.

This is how I'm going to make my videos from now on, and it's how I made my latest one, which sadly was not approved (even though I scheduled it for release 2 weeks ago... had lots of rendering errors which I finally resolved, but now it was refused by WCM due to bitrate being too high..sigh) and delayed even further than I thought it would be... so I'm having to wait for an answer from the admins about it.

I personally don't think a video has to have a 'huge epic storyline' or be '5 hours long' to be good, I like all kinds of videos... my preference for moviemaking is PvP videos, since I like to make things with action and special effects, etc. I prefer not putting a story in PvP videos (but I enjoy watching ones with stories, or any type of vid like I said; making them, however, is different for me) and believe that if you spend alot of time and hard work on certain aspects of your video (editing, music, effects, etc) it will be fun to watch even if there is no story.
Z.x is offline   Reply With Quote