WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > World of Warcraft > PvP
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-21-2006, 07:32 AM   #11
DwhyM
Initiate

DwhyM is an unknown quantity at this point
Lowrating for mouse clicking is like lowrating for class race or faction.
DwhyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:37 AM   #12
Falsorm
Initiate

Falsorm is unknown at this point
I dunno, I can imagine taking off a point for content if there was excessive mouse-clicking.
Falsorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 03:48 AM   #13
evilsnail
Initiate

evilsnail is unknown at this point
I lower my ratings for mouse clickers.

Their movie may be good, but by clicking they are hurting themselves. Using your mouse to click makes it so you can use your mouse to pan your camera around. Having your abilities binded can make things much faster and always having the camera at your control makes it tons easier to get into certain positions to use certain move, get out of LOS, etc, etc.

I used to be a clicker myself up until lvl 55 about, then I started using key bindings and Ive been much more successful in PvP.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:04 PM   #14
DwhyM
Initiate

Quote:
I lower my ratings for mouse clickers.
And that is a mistake. You downrate movie even if it is good
Quote:
Their movie may be good, but by clicking they are hurting themselves.
claiming that only your playstyle is best option and should be used
Quote:
Having your abilities binded can make things much faster and always having the camera at your control makes it tons easier to get into certain positions to use certain move, get out of LOS, etc, etc.
It is easier for you and it doesnt mean that it is like that for everyone. WoW mechanics gives "mouseclickers" same chances as "keybind-pro-gamerz" have beacause of global cooldown so what is the point of using 3 keybinds in a same moment if you can use only one ability at the same time and only one every 1 or 1.5 sec and if you want to use some combo you can always create macro and bind it to one button. You have 40 buttons and cant hit the right one in the right time with you cursor ? If you do use keybindings but if someone manages to do it and does it fine why downrate him ? For me people can play by using touch pad and their feets as long as they do it good Ill give them high ratting. I personally prefer to use keyboard and I hardly ever use mouse at all (only in trades/looting etc and using camera for moonwalikng ) but it doesnt mean everybody have to do that and it is only way to be good.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:51 PM   #15
evilsnail
Initiate

I didnt say that you had to use the binding or you are a bad player did I? NO, i said that you could get more done if you where to use the key bindings. yes, it is an oppinon, but be that as it may. if you watch any of the movies of the :good: plaerz, then you will see that key bindin can help you a lot. It just my rating rubric.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:14 AM   #16
Waverian

Waverian is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbatron View Post
Ok. i recently released a PvP video, and im getting these comments from people saying, "Mouse clicker in action" "BLah blah blah Mouse clicker".

What is so bad about mouse clicking. I mean, when your waiting for a skill to finish cooling down, and half the time when you click the button once, the skill doesnt execute, it is nearly impossible to not click the skill repeatedly until it is executed.

Why are people hatin on mouse clickers? because it looks bad in a movie? id rather make sure my skill is performed than lose a fight... it just makes no sense...

opinions?
I don't condone those comments on a movie, but mouse clicking does perform less effectively than keybindings. It's not so much about reaction time and accuracy, but it's about character control. If you're clicking, you can't use mouselook, and if you don't use mouselook you only turn at half the speed of someone using it. Meaning in PvP, if somebody is jousting or strafing around you, you'll get in less attacks.

If you're a ranged class, it's virtually impossible to effectively kite because you can't do a jump + spin and cast reliably. You're also less likely to be able to evade attacks- If you keyboard turn you're more susceptible to facing requirement attacks like Backstab, Mutilate, Shred, and Gouge. Mouselook allows you to turn much faster and make it more difficult for your opponent to land those spells.
Waverian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:41 PM   #17
evilsnail
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverian View Post
I don't condone those comments on a movie, but mouse clicking does perform less effectively than keybindings. It's not so much about reaction time and accuracy, but it's about character control. If you're clicking, you can't use mouselook, and if you don't use mouselook you only turn at half the speed of someone using it. Meaning in PvP, if somebody is jousting or strafing around you, you'll get in less attacks.

If you're a ranged class, it's virtually impossible to effectively kite because you can't do a jump + spin and cast reliably. You're also less likely to be able to evade attacks- If you keyboard turn you're more susceptible to facing requirement attacks like Backstab, Mutilate, Shred, and Gouge. Mouselook allows you to turn much faster and make it more difficult for your opponent to land those spells.
Q.F.T.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:52 AM   #18
superram
Initiate

superram is unknown at this point
Mouseclickers are worse than the rest players in general, if you can mouseclick and fully control your character at the same time then there's no problem. But as far there is not such a player, at least in those i have seen so far. It just decreases the points you get from content, people rating because of "mouse clicking" are actually rating the content low due to what they see; not being able to control the character good enough. So they are not rating it because you mouseclick but rating your content in the movie low which was a result of your mouse clicking. But yes you cannot just rate 1.0 due to mouse clicking, that'd be dumb.
superram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:23 AM   #19
DwhyM
Initiate

Quote:
So they are not rating it because you mouseclick but rating your content in the movie low which was a result of your mouse clicking.
They should do that but most people just say "MUOSECLICCK00RRoTfL LAWL 1.0 !"
Old 01-26-2007, 08:29 PM   #20
Razael
Initiate

Razael is unknown at this point
Efficiency and reaction time. Bind everything, watching the opponent and the area around you helps much more that watching where you click on your interface. You would be suprised how much you can benefit from being completely aware of your surroundings and what is happening. Suggestion, try it, you may like it. If not, use your damn mouse, I would happily slay you with my greatsword. =D
Razael is offline   Reply With Quote