WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > World of Warcraft > PvP
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-27-2007, 04:34 AM   #21
Blacktrap

Blacktrap is unknown at this point
My first MMORPG was DAOC. We'd be running around in the frontiers (PVP areas) in groups of 8, avoiding the zerg, taking on other groups of 8 or 16.
You needed to be constantly panning around to check for incoming. THAT is what the mouse is for - being aware of your environment.
Once you get into a skirmish, you use the keyboard to do all your fighting.
Mouse = camera controls
Keyboard = spells/abilities.

Let me give you an analogy.
When you first learn to drive a manual car (I think they call it "stick shift" in America) you often look at the gear stick when you're changing gears. This takes your eyes off what is really important - the road.
Once you learn a little more, you can automatically change gears without thinking about it and without looking at the gearstick.
Mouse clickers are like learner drivers. They're doing themselves a disservice by focusing their attention on the buttons they click rather than on the important things like their surroundings and what is happening in the battles.
People who use keybindings for their spells and abilities and the mouse to look around and be aware of their environment are like more experienced drivers. They use their abilities without having to think about them or look at them while maintaining their focus on the important things.
Blacktrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 06:24 PM   #22
godliest

godliest is notable
I don't mouse click, but I don't see the point why ppl down rate it. Mouse clickers usually keeps their mouse down so u don't have to see it go around all around the screen.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:06 PM   #23
evilsnail
Initiate

evilsnail is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by godliest View Post
I don't mouse click, but I don't see the point why ppl down rate it. Mouse clickers usually keeps their mouse down so u don't have to see it go around all around the screen.
Then you see the annoying tooltip on the side of the screen. Unless they have a modified UI.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:15 AM   #24
godliest

godliest is notable
I'm not that disturbed of it, and the most persons have a modified UI nowadays.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Old 02-11-2007, 06:55 PM   #25
Silentium
Initiate

Silentium is unknown at this point
i'd like to know how MUCH you all click? i'm like,in a bunch of videos i dont even see 1 scene with mouse ... not even capturing the flag in wsg how much keybindings do you all have got? how do you manage it? ctrl + <insert random key>? do you use buttons far away from w a s d like P or sth?
Silentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:37 AM   #26
godliest

godliest is notable
shift+most keys that can be reached with left hand. Ctrl+number and some keys that can be clicked with left hand. I have all my skills bound to different keybindings. I hate to click with the mouse.

Albert Einstein Quotes
Old 02-16-2007, 11:06 AM   #27
Terwilliger

Terwilliger is unknown at this point
Mouse clicking just annoys me in a movie. In the game, i dont care who does it as long as they do their job good.

I personally thing its stupid because you can click your skills plus use your mouse to move/camera. So you have to use WASD to do all your turning and stuff, which means you cant turn around quickly for certain things.

It takes years to build trust, and just seconds to destroy it.
Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:59 PM   #28
Vedo
Initiate

Vedo is unknown at this point
I actually mousklick 2 things, trinket + avenging wrath... So ppl can see in the movies what I'm using... I don't like it when ppl "hide" it by making macros... It's sad, rly sad...

Last edited by Vedo : 03-27-2007 at 05:03 PM.
Vedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:38 AM   #29
Krez
Initiate

Krez is an unknown quantity at this point
Binding EVERYTHING isn't really necessary imo. Clutch instants, like counterspell, blessing of sacrifice/freedom, kick, etc. have to be bound though.

Some classes just have too many abilities to effectively bind everything to things that are feasibly reachable.

Either way, if you end up clicking some or most of your abilities, disable tooltips completely, downsize your buttons and group them into a small, tight area. I haven't ever found a mod that lets you change the cursor or else I'd just get a smaller version of the regular cursor so it doesn't stand out either.

Good luck.
Krez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:16 PM   #30
kiahann

kiahann is notable
That's why if you record with fraps you can just check "No Curser" then they can't see it at all.