WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-12-2008, 08:10 AM   #1
Zheplitz
Initiate

Zheplitz is an unknown quantity at this point
I made some clips that I want to give to a friend.

As the topic says, however I think something went slightly wrong when I made the clips considering their "Immense" size of as much as 1.5 gig of spaceoper clip.
I am a total newbie on this, so I would like to ask if there is any way I could "slim them down", also is there a prefered way of transfering files like this?

Thanks for future replies :-)
Zheplitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
lordrushx1

lordrushx1 is unknown at this point
If it is the quality issue I can suggest a few things,not sure it will help you..but =O)
Question , does your friend HAVE to have the video on his computer? Why not just upload your videos to a host like Youtube or similiar and just provide him with a link to it so he can see it there.
If it is something you must send I would say use a Zip or Rar compression program and send it to them that way.
lordrushx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:31 AM   #3
Zheplitz
Initiate

yes, he does haveto have them on his computer if he is to edit them into a simple movie.

And how do I compress the files?
Old 08-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
lordrushx1

lordrushx1 is unknown at this point
Winzip
Winrar

Both are free trials. They expire in a technical sense but you can still use them freely after the trial ends. Winzip just takes about 30 more seconds or so to load.

WinZip

Step1 Open WinZip.
Step2 Click on the New icon. A window will open displaying the folders on your disk.
Step3 Move through the folders until you locate the folder where you want to store your compressed file.
Step4 WinZip creates a file called an "archive." Name your archive.
Step5 Click Save. You will be returned to the WinZip main window.
Step6 You must now add a file to the archive that you have just created. Click on Add. A window will open displaying the files and folders on your disk.
Step7 Move through the folders until you locate the file that you want to compress. Select that file.
Step8 In the compression menu, select the level of compression that you want. The choices may include Normal, None, Fast, Superfast and Maximum.
Step9 Add an optional password, if desired.
Step10 Click Add. You will return to the main WinZip menu.
Step11 Your compressed file is now added to the archive.
Step12 Close WinZip.

Winrar
Browse to the file you want to compress, then click on it with the right mouse button. If you already have a Winrar archive made, you can click 'Add To Archive..." then browse to the archive you wish to add it to; if you don't have an archive made, then click on 'Add to "filename.rar"'. It will then make it a .rar file and put it in the same directory as the file.
Open up Winrar, browse to the file you wish to compress. Click on the file once so that it's highlighted. Then click the 'Add' button on the toolbar at the top. Type in what you want to name the .rar file, or click the arrow to the right and choose the archive that you want to add the file to. Once you have chosen a name, click 'OK' at the bottom. This will make it a .rar file in the same directory as the file.

Hope this helps =O) GL

Last edited by lordrushx1 : 08-12-2008 at 11:26 AM.
lordrushx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
Zheplitz
Initiate

Thanks a bunch mate!