WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Anything wrong?
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2006, 06:05 AM   #11
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by unska View Post
Vandalist, just like every world first major boss kill gets recommendation even if it's poor quality and audio.
If a movie has poor quality, poor audio, and sucks, the LAST thing I could possibly think of is recommending it. I can't believe a "world first" movie would get recommended even if the person who recommended it knew it sucked. That makes absolutly no sense to me, sorry..
Vandalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:08 AM   #12
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedan View Post
I think it's a great movie, don't get me wrong. I will put it on spotbox for you for this weekend (11th, 12th) and we can shed some light on it to get the views it deserves.
I really appreciate that a lot man. As long as you were referring to the second video that is, I don't need a spotbox for the first movie, it got the attention I was hoping for

My first post was sort of me freaking out because of it being released at a very low population time. As much as the queues may hurt, I guess I would make the suggestion to not release movies during the late late evening hours, because even the best of movies lose their light if nobody's on to view them during the short time that their on the front page.

I've witnessed it a lot actually, Movies that are released during day hours always do 3x or 4x better in reviews and ratings than movies that come out in late evening or night hours, (unless it was recommended) because its spotlight moment happened while everyone was sleeping.

Notice the two times the videos were released. One was after 10pm evening, the other was 5am. Notice the difference, and I felt my second video was a hundred times better in both quality and content.

(ps this is my last post lol sry for the spam, i had family issues the last few days and couldnt check the topic to keep up on replys)

Last edited by Vandalist : 11-10-2006 at 06:14 AM.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:35 PM   #13
Quazimodo

Quazimodo is notable
maybe others didnt feel the same, just because you think someone elses video doesnt deserve spotlight and urs do doesnt mean they automaticly do... I think it's kind of unfair of you to say that other TBC beta movies doesnt deserve spotlight just because they got worse quality than urs, people are interested in watching TBC so I think temporarily TBC movies should be spotlighted or at least put in a catagory for themselves.
( Y )
()~*~()
(_)-(_)
SAY NO TO CAREBEARS!
JOIN TWILIGHT DYNASTY
-Site- -Rules and Guidelines- -Video-
Quazimodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:46 PM   #14
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazimodo View Post
I think it's kind of unfair of you to say that other TBC beta movies doesnt deserve spotlight just because they got worse quality than urs...
I never said that? Don't put words in my mouth thx What I've been saying is, if a movie sucks, has crap music, crap quality, and everyone gives it a bad rating because of it, I still don't see how its gets recommended. Guess well never know.

And to keep up with the topic, thats not really my issue anymore, my issue is that people who get their movies put out in the middle of the night get much crappier download counts because Much Less people view them... because they came out while everyone was sleeping.

You don't see huge holywood movies coming out in theaters on mondays at 4AM....... no they come out on fridays, when people want to watch them.

What I'm saying is that the current system is luck-of-the-draw and its making some of the better movies people submit lose the attention it deserves.

Last edited by Vandalist : 11-11-2006 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:34 PM   #15
kiahann

kiahann is notable
Well there is really nothing we can do about the whole "get all our movies out in the afternoon" thing it would be inpossible. they Watch and check hundreds of movies a day if they would just do movies in the afternoon they would be overloaded with movies and SOME movies would not be published at all. get what im saying?
Old 11-11-2006, 10:49 PM   #16
Quazimodo

Quazimodo is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandalist View Post
If a movie has poor quality, poor audio, and sucks, the LAST thing I could possibly think of is recommending it. I can't believe a "world first" movie would get recommended even if the person who recommended it knew it sucked.
Dont deny it
( Y )
()~*~()
(_)-(_)
SAY NO TO CAREBEARS!
JOIN TWILIGHT DYNASTY
-Site- -Rules and Guidelines- -Video-
Quazimodo is offline   Reply With Quote