WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > World of Warcraft > Quests & Reputation
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
kiahann

kiahann is notable
Winterspring Frostsabre Rep Hardest Rep grind

Ever want to know how Hard it is? thinkin about doing it? Well after you read this Brilliant post about how hard it is you might want to rethink it's one of the hardest Rep grinds in Azeroth.

This guide is by Eloderung From Guild Saga (won't show server )

With the release of 1.12.1, there has been much discussion/whining/complaining/etc. about alliance having access to an easy-to-obtain, cheap epic mount. The purpose of this thread is to inform horde players - and perhaps ignorant alliance players - about the Winterspring Trainer faction.

My Background

As a quick note on my experience with the faction, I have completed it once on my priest and am working on the faction for my warrior (~2000 through Honored). Priest was disc/holy for the vast majority of the faction, while my warrior is a full fury spec with BWL weaponry and MC/ZG/crafted dps gear.

Neither of my characters are humans, so I don't see use of that overpowered Diplomacy racial. Sadly

Mount Cost

The Winterspring Frostsaber costs 90g. You will not receive the Seargent PvP discount from the Wintersaber Trainer vendor.

The mount itself requires skill level 75 to ride, and is epic speed.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...erscreenie.jpg

Mount Requirements

This frostsaber requires Exalted with the Winterspring Trainer faction. It no longer requires Darnassus faction for non-elves with the recent patch.

Wintersaber Trainer Faction

This is, hands-down, the longest grind in the game that nets a reward. For the first 1500 rep, you must collect 5 meat from chimeras and 5 meat from bears in the local area. The meat has somewhere between a 10 and 20% drop rate. This initial step takes about 15 hours to complete for a decently-equipped dps class, longer for anything else.

After completing 30 "meat" quests at 50 rep per, you move onto Winterfall Intrusion.

Winterfall Intrusion needs to be completed 810 times to finish this faction. This quest involves killing five Winterfall Shaman and five Winterfall Ursas. These mobs spawn in only one location, Winterfall Village - a 3-4 minute run from the Wintersaber Trainer npc by epic mount.

There are 14 spots in which a Winterfall Shaman has a 50% chance to spawn, plus one guarenteed spawn with High Chief Winterfall. Winterfall Ursas have at least five guarenteed spawns plus 7 more spots of a 50% chance to spawn, so they are rarely a problem. Furbolg spawns are on a five minute timer, approximately.

Ideally, one solo furbolg turnin takes about 15 minutes to complete. 7-8 minutes to turn in and come back, 7-8 minutes to kill the furbolgs. The fastest turnin I've ever seen took about 9.5 minutes with perfect spawns and two mages in the party.

An ideal turnin rarely occurs, however. Most of the time you are restricted by Shaman spawns due to other farmers in the area (not Frostsaber farmers). You then must wait at least five minutes for respawns - due to how heavily camped the Village is, you often need to wait for two or three rounds of respawns to complete one turnin. This leads to turnins that take 20-30+ minutes in length.

At Honored, you receive a quest to kill 4 Frostmaul Giants and 4 Frostmaul Preservers. However, the run from the quest giver to Frostwhisper Gorge is well over twice the length of the same run to Winterfall Village. And elite giants take longer to kill than nonelite furbolgs.

The Quest Turnin

7-8 minute round trip on an epic mount. Every other turnin or so the stealthed tigers of Frostsaber Rock will daze you off your mount, and you usually are stuck fighting 2-3 tigers when dazed. It's not unusual to be killed by a group of 5-7+ tigers, however. This will end up adding hours to your faction in total.

Time Required for Wintersaber Trainer Faction

Assuming all conditions are ideal, this quest will require about 217 hours of /played to complete solo as a decently-equipped dps class. If you do this faction with at least two AoE classes and Winterfall Village is NEVER camped, you can finish this faction in several less hours of /played. Consider yourself lucky if you can finish this faction in less than 300 hours of /played with all of the farmers, horde, etc. in Winterfall Village.

Most Frostsaber faction farmers I've known reach exalted in three to four months. The fastest I've seen this faction done was about four weeks, as that person farmed furbolgs for 12-15 hours every day (50+ turnins a day)

Myths about Wintersaber Faction

Alliance get a cheap mount while horde have no alternatives!

While Horde do not have the Ravasaur equivalent implimented yet, you all still have significantly cheaper/easier options available. I'm quite sure Commander takes less time / less /played to complete than this faction. I've been up through rank10, and it required a lot less time invested than this faction.

Additionally, I had farmed between 4 and 5k gold by the time I finished this faction. I have no gathering professions on my priest. Farming gold for a mount, even with low-income furbolgs, is significantly faster than this faction.

Why don't horde get a grind like this?!?!

Personally, I'd say you all are priviledged NOT to see such a painful grind in the game I do not believe Blizzard has talked about the Ravasaur Trainer faction yet.

But I've farmed Timbermaw Faction, I could do this faction easily and get a cheap epic mount!

You will reach Exalted with the Timbermaw halfway through Wintersaber Trainer faction. Don't forget that just farming Timbermaw rep does not include a 7 minute run to a questgiver every 10 furbolgs. Felwood furbolgs are also easier to kill than Winterspring equivalents.
kiahann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:05 PM   #2
AdarinX

AdarinX is unknown at this point
I tried to get it, well before this post, and I just got tired of it... Believe me when I back him up and say that its almost not worth it... lol
AdarinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:21 AM   #3
Terwilliger

Terwilliger is unknown at this point
Yeah, its hard and all...

It takes years to build trust, and just seconds to destroy it.
Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:15 PM   #4
Zaran
Initiate

Zaran is unknown at this point
I would agree the most boring grind in the game but it does have a sexy reward
Zaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:39 PM   #5
kiahann

kiahann is notable
Yeah but I still think the epic mounts for elves are way better looking.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:10 AM   #6
AdarinX

Yeah, but you can save up enough money for the epic mount in near enough time... lol

Check it out some time:
The Third Circle
[chapter 4 up now]
[Please R&R]
Old 10-22-2006, 05:06 AM   #7
kiahann

kiahann is notable
I don't know about that it takes about 10-15 played days to finish this quest thats a couple months i beleive you can get 1000g quicker.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:51 PM   #8
AdarinX

That was what I meant. lol. Hence why its almost not worth it, unless if your like me and just want everything in the game... lol

Check it out some time:
The Third Circle
[chapter 4 up now]
[Please R&R]
Old 10-28-2006, 12:24 PM   #9
The Bum

The Bum is unknown at this point
thats alot of time used just to get a tiger..
The Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 06:47 PM   #10
Lodisen

Lodisen is unknown at this point
I guess it would be faster to grind ZG for the mount.
Lodisen is offline   Reply With Quote