WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Anything wrong?
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
RopeDrink

RopeDrink is an unknown quantity at this point
WCM Blog Issues...

Hey folks,
Am I the only one who's just stumbled on a blatant issue with the blog? Something has either gone very wrong for me, or there have been changes made to how the system works that I'm not aware of (In which case please enlighten me).

Basically the feature that used to allow you to edit the blog without using the core *CODE* (for numpties like me who aren't too hot on HTML // XHTML) has dissapeared.

I didn't let this stop me trying to edit one of my pages anyway, however on saving my page, every single link on that page suddenly changes to: (****Link to the blog***//about/wp_kses_bad_protocol_once2)

The links I use lead only to the movies I've uploaded on WCM, but now it seems that on saving the page, it converts all external links into one trying to link that same link using the blog name (Example, if you save a link as www.warcraftmovies.com and your blog name is BOB, it'll convert the link to BOB.warcraftmovies.com//www.warcraftmovies.com) if you understand my drift.

As said, either somethings is up with the system, or I'm clearly just waaayyyy behind in some recent changes made, so I'd just like to get an understanding of what the difference is, because it's outright destroyed a page of mine and it seems the only logical way to fix it is to just delete it as I can't code it again from scratch due to inexperience and any code I CAN write just gets converted to something weird anyway.

Any ideas at all? It's also VERY slow in comparison to how it used to be, hence I'm starting to think there's just something mad going on in the background that I don't know about. Any help greatly appreciated!
RopeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:53 PM   #2
RopeDrink

RopeDrink is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this even the right place to ask? Even got a post going on the Wordpress forum but no response.

If I can't figure it out I may as well delete the thing as I've not the know-how to manage it the way it's gone at the moment so if anyone out there has any blog experience and could lend any kind of advice that'd be awesome.

EDIT: Out of curiosity I even took to searching for any possible reports on blog issues and decided to test other blogs out.

Headed over to http://blog.warcraftmovies.com/ and it seems that most if not all off-site links also simply redirect to the same link as opposed to the post/movie/website the link refers to or was meant to link to, so I'll go ahead and assume it's some kind of change I'm unaware of, or maybe my comp is just acting up. Been trying to find ways of 'updating' to a newer version of Wordpress but it's proving to be difficult for a nub like me, especially as it's all referring to blogname.wordpress as opposed to blogname.warcraftmovies so I'm just totally confused.

Last edited by RopeDrink : 06-13-2009 at 08:05 PM.
RopeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote