WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
Ceebo
Initiate

Ceebo is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you upload to warcraftmovies?

I am really bad at this sort of thing ^^ ive made a 10 min pvp movie with sipsoft free version and windows movie maker.. how do i upload it to wc movies? i usualy use youtube but the vid is allways too small and lozes alot of quality (even though i capture on highest quality setting)
Ceebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:51 PM   #2
RopeDrink

RopeDrink is an unknown quantity at this point
First of all, once you've logged in, Under the "HOME / PROFILE / GUILDS-AT" buttons at the top of the page is the "SUBMIT A MOVIE" & "SEARCH" buttons.

Before you do this I strongly suggest you upload the movie to an additional (preferably downloadable) source, such as FileFront (And YouTube for streaming) then click Submit A Movie (You'll be asked for links to the outside source during the process, so have links handy).

Then you'll be asked to describe the movie using a Fill Form.

Movie Name, Length, FileSize, Category etc etc
You'll also have the option to upload a Picture Icon for that movie, so if you want to make the movie seem nicer and worthwhile, it's good to have a picture for it.

Once all that is done you click "Upload This Movie" and then a Window opens up asking you to select (From your PC) where your movie file is.

Once you select it, the file gets uploaded to WCM and then you need to allow time for a Moderator to give approval to the movie. If they do, congratulations, you're on WCM!

Bear in mind, though, that mods can reject your movie based on it's viewing quality and, in some cases, content.

If you feel your movie is low quality, or too small in viewing size, or have doubts like that then I strongly suggest you recompress your footage to higher quality first, otherwise you may be turned down by WCM after all the effort.

Good luck with it!
RopeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote