WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2006, 08:29 AM   #1
Toppazz
Initiate

Toppazz is unknown at this point
Gathering Footage.

In the past while recording pvp footage, I've manual started fraps shortly before the encounter begins and stop it when the action ends. However, this leaves me with a lot of boring footage. Even in my Xv1s, you still have a huge advantage knowing what's going to happen when the encounter begins. I've also had issues stopping fraps after I think I'm done with the encounter and had more opponents roll in and missed what would have been nice footage.

What techniques to other frapsers use to make sure they get this stuff captured for their pvp videos? If you're manually starting and stopping fraps around shorter sequences, how do you anticipate when to start recording and when to stop? If you just run fraps constantly, how do you deal with disk storage issues ? How do you deal with organizing your footage?

Personally, I'm not short on disk storage. I have 60+ gigs free on my primary drive, a 200 gig secondary drive, plus about 500 gigs of free space on my file server. I just don't know how I would deal with sorting such a large amount of fraps footage if I were to record larger chunks of my play time.

So, in short, how do you gather your footage?
Toppazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:54 AM   #2
Phisher
Initiate

Phisher is unknown at this point
I have a tips to ye, put some kind of story in the movie.

I dont know...but this movie doesnt goes all about the pvp, there are some clips who l8r comes together in the end

http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=13584

I <3 it
Phisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:50 AM   #3
Toppazz
Initiate

Thanks for the suggestion, Phisher. However, I'm not as interested in help deciding what kind of content to gather as I am in getting help with actually gathering the footage.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:14 PM   #4
Ragnorok161

Ragnorok161 is unknown at this point
I am working on how I gather mine but if I know I am going to PvP I leave it running. Then when my opponet is dead I restart the recording so it break it into seperate files. But rogues 98% of the time get the jump on your opponet so its easier for me to record before I attack.

Good luck.
Ragnorok161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:38 AM   #5
Toppazz
Initiate

I'm also a rogue, but I still end up missing some clutch footage. At any rate, I like your suggestion. As long as you're keeping fraps up, you know that any pvp footage you catch will be at the end of a raw video file.

I'd still like to hear from others.