WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
Freezrburn
Initiate

Freezrburn is an unknown quantity at this point
HQ isn't so HQ, need help

Hi there, I'm new to the movie making process (as in brand spanking new). I came here and found a movie editing program to use off the forums (I chose to try out the free trial of Corel VideoStudio 12). I finished editing the film and came up with the following movie:

OGC vs. Mimiron

So the quality of this thing looks pretty decent I think, but it's still not quite as good as I'm wanting, or I guess what I mean is that the resolution doesn't look as high as what I've seen from other videos out there, namely the videos shot by Nihilum / Vodka / Last Resort, etc. In those videos, it doesn't seem like anything is ever blurred. Even the chat is perfectly visible. Names and nameplates look fine, damage meters are easily identifiable....

So why is mine coming out in a lower resolution to the point where these finer details can't be made out? IMO it kind of puts a downer on the whole video, since it's so obvious just by looking at my action bars that they're more blurred than the rest of the screen. Is there a way to fix this without spending hundreds / thousands of dollars on professional editing tools? Do I have to save this video in a particular format or codec? I tried using several of the different ways to save the file that Corel offered me, but they all came out the same.

Or could this just be because of Youtube? Might this video look better on sites dedicated to this type of video, like WCM or Filefront?

Last edited by Freezrburn : 04-29-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Freezrburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:28 AM   #2
MrWise

MrWise is unknown at this point
As for youtube, if you want the 720p or greater HD mode activated, you need to upload video with resolution at atleast 1280x

If this means stretching it out a bit, go for it, just add a slight bit of sharpen.

And don't add black bars on top/bottom of your video, if you have 16:9 footage, then render to 16:9, don't render to 4:3.

The only thing you need is brain power, not money.
MrWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:04 AM   #3
Freezrburn
Initiate

Freezrburn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWise View Post
As for youtube, if you want the 720p or greater HD mode activated, you need to upload video with resolution at atleast 1280x

If this means stretching it out a bit, go for it, just add a slight bit of sharpen.

And don't add black bars on top/bottom of your video, if you have 16:9 footage, then render to 16:9, don't render to 4:3.

The only thing you need is brain power, not money.
I've tried saving the video in every one of the 40 or so different file types and resolutions that the program offers me to save in, but I get the same result every time. It continues to render it with the black bars around it. I guess I'll keep digging if that's what's causing the blur.
Freezrburn is offline   Reply With Quote