WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > General Community Discussion > General MMORPG Discussion
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
Ryathi
Initiate

Ryathi is unknown at this point
Inquisition on gaming for a demographic

In response to my demographic for a game that is being developed under an indie game company, it's still in the preliminary stages of development and I need to gather an amalgamation of primary and secondary research. I thought it would be satisfactory to gather information from the general public in the terms of online gaming and their raison d'etre within an online game.

I kindly ask of the forum to answer some questions that will be present momentarily to help infer my research for a demographic. These questions will be suited for people that enjoy aspects of graphical aesthetics and people who indulge in the role-play characteristics within an online community.

How often do you play MMORPG's? (Estimate)

Do you play a variety of MMORPG's? (Any format or genre, name the games in a list.)

What is your personal ambition within an MMORPG?

When you interact within an MMORPG, do you prefer to discern the graphical quality or gratify the linear/non-linear story aspect?

What is your reason for role-playing and do you follow lore accordingly to the premise of the game?

Do you mold your character based around the lore, or do you stretch the boundaries to make it illogical to the story for your own enjoyment?

As an online gamer, would you be open to trying a single-player game with a refined story involving the traits of an online-gamer such as the similarities for gratification upon achievements and the mentality required to complete objectives?

Which is more important to you, the story or graphical quality?
Ryathi is offline   Reply With Quote