WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Anything wrong?
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
NYSFTD
Initiate

NYSFTD is an unknown quantity at this point
*Respectful* Advertisements.

I'd like to express my dissatisfaction with the current video-ad method.

On many occasions, I have been forced to sit through not one but two fairly enjoyable ads prior to a video*— which would be fine if they had not been preceded by not one but two VERY LOUD, laggy, and obnoxious ads (Runes of Magic) that did not take into consideration the fact that I had not yet started a video and proceeded to blast my speakers while the webpage was still loading.

The internet community is fairly tolerant these days of advertisements. We get them here, on youtube, and many web-based television sites, like hulu.

However, these videos have one thing in common. The commercial ads play once you have selected to watch an episode. You have to physically click the play button, whereupon you will view your ad, and then begin your video.

The "Runes of Magic" ads play twice in a row, back to back, and begin whether or not you are ready for them. It is disrespectful and again, obnoxious. I think many of us would be more than happy to watch a Runes of Magic advertisement were it to play WITH the video and not before the viewer even loads, so that we can prepare and lower our volumes. (and do we REALLY need 4 ads per movie?)

Thanks for your time
NYSFTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:19 AM   #2
Gedan

Gedan is unknown at this point
We'll take a look at this, we don't want you guys feeling ravaged before every movie .