Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-16-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
Tryton
Hall of Fame member

Tryton is unknown at this point
2 questions

Hi all

I have 2 questions and I was hoping that someone could help me.

You see normally my movies are 640 x 480. But now I would like to make my next movie 800 x 600. At 640 x 480 I normally record at 1024 x 768 and change that to 640 x 480 with Sony Vegas. But now I can also record while I'm playing at 1600 x 1200 because fraps will automaticly record at 800 x 600 or I can play at 800 x 600 and record fullsize. My question is, what's the best way to get the best quality footage?

My next question is about the promo material. Normally I always see the promo at the beginning of a movie, I was wondering if it is also allright if you put them at the end. For example after the credits.
Tryton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #2
godliest

godliest is notable
Quote:
My next question is about the promo material. Normally I always see the promo at the beginning of a movie, I was wondering if it is also allright if you put them at the end. For example after the credits.
It's ofc accepted, has done it myself with no problems. U can have it in the middle of the movie if u want, the important part is that u can see "warcraftmovies.com" logo.

Can't help u with ur first question, not that good at quality of movies and still trying to learn how to use it.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:39 PM   #3
Z.x

Z.x is unknown at this point
Try some test frapsing at 1600x1200 half-size and 800x600 in-game res + full size. I think the 800x600 in-game res full size will look much better, if you can stand playing at a resolution that low (I can't). My LCD can't go over 1280x1024 but when I try half-size recordings (at any resolution) they look really horrible and blurry, full-size looks just like the real quality in-game though.
Z.x is offline   Reply With Quote