WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > World of Warcraft > General Discussion
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-22-2008, 11:03 AM   #31
Valimor
Initiate

Valimor is an unknown quantity at this point
Diablo 3 is in the works, World of warcraft is by no means shutting down anytime soon, Releasing WOTLK and then shutting the game down wouldn't make sense, And there would be an awful lot of lawsuits.
Valimor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:23 AM   #32
Makemelodic
Initiate

Makemelodic is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote - "[W]e will continue making expansions as long as we have players that want to play World of Warcraft -- we want to keep them entertained.

World of Warcraft Expansions Will Continue Being Made "For the Foreseeable Future"

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171354
Makemelodic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:58 AM   #33
KrazyRobot
Initiate

KrazyRobot is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makemelodic View Post
Quote - "[W]e will continue making expansions as long as we have players that want to play World of Warcraft -- we want to keep them entertained.

World of Warcraft Expansions Will Continue Being Made "For the Foreseeable Future"

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171354
Thanks for that.
KrazyRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #34
Joppas
Initiate

Joppas is unknown at this point
11 million players world wide.. No way they are shuting down a game until they have milked it for the very last drop.

I wouldnt be surprised if they come up with new lore in the future just to keep the money flowing.
Joppas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:23 PM   #35
Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
Initiate

Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppas View Post
11 million players world wide.. No way they are shuting down a game until they have milked it for the very last drop.

I wouldnt be surprised if they come up with new lore in the future just to keep the money flowing.

They would have to. It's not like you can just keep releasing new expansions about the same content (lore-wise). That would get old fast.

Last edited by Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker : 03-09-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #36
n0fear
Initiate

n0fear is an unknown quantity at this point
What if WoW gets like 20 years old, and you have like 15 expansions you have to install if your computer crashes .__.
Some people might not be bothered to install ONE SINGLE GAME for hours on end, and then paying money to play. I'd imagine that if you have a computer crash, that might be the end of some people's WoW career...

EDIT: - and think about new players who need to go buy all the 15 expansions. That's alot of money. Or if someone wants a new account. All those CD-keys...

Let's just hope WoW lasts long, but not too long.

-Shady

Last edited by n0fear : 06-25-2009 at 10:22 PM.
n0fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:20 AM   #37
RopeDrink

RopeDrink is an unknown quantity at this point
WoW is still a tremendous cash-cow which I'm sure Blizzard won't be in any rush to shut down or sell off, not by a long-shot, despite the huge decline in players with each expansion for multiple reasons.

With Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 (One game I *am* looking forward to as an avid player of the two previous ones) in the works, I assumed that the bulk majority of the core Blizzard team jumped ship to work on these new projects, potentially leaving a backup squad or new recruits to contend with the simple tweaking and maintenance of the current WoW - Possibly leading to many of the questionable changes being made that are responsible for putting so many dedicated players of the past off of WoW and making many quit, such as making the game far more casual orientated and the same general attitude being ported to PvP to make things 'easier' and 'more accessible' for the casuals who felt hard-done by in TBC arena and PvP of the past.

I'm highly dissapointed with WoW's current state but there isn't much better to compete with it - And until worthwhile competition comes along and players continue to fork out money for WoW, there will always be new content created to keep those people paying.

I forked out on two sub-cards quite some time ago that wont run out for a few months which should carry me over into 3.2 - With PvP being my main focus, if there isn't a shred of respectability put back into it, I doubt I'll have much reason to stay on.
RopeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:52 AM   #38
Burusade
Initiate

Burusade is an unknown quantity at this point
U said it to early,once you know how the Chinese play WOW,you realise that ..... WOW is just at beginning.
Burusade is offline   Reply With Quote