WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Anything wrong?
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
Guum
Initiate

Guum is an unknown quantity at this point
Disgusted With Customer Service

In a recent movie I've made, Faction and a friend of his down rated and trolled the rating. I've been trying to get in contact with your website the entire day, with no luck. Your email addresses you have listed on you website -- they don't work.

Many others including myself have reported this post for being trolling, and nothing has happened. The comment it occured on has reached -14. Despite these downrates, my movie maintains a 4.71 rating. To top it off, for whatever reason I didn't get the Premium service I should have for putting in a WCM promo in the video.

This is simply an outrage. My video was the 4th highest RATED for the week until he and his friend trolled it.

Faction rated it as a 1 without watching it. Why? How do I KNOW? He wrote on the WoW forums, quote, "twinks are bad im not watching it, rating as 1 gg".

Where he wrote this can be found at
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...cId=7015085207

The movie he did this to is
http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=78235

He is CLEARLY trolling my movie and I am asking you for help and in getting this rating removed.

If you check the post I linked to the WoW forums, which I highly recommend doing, you'll find Faction saying things such as:

"not downloading bc anyone who makes a "twink" ever is horrible"
"how about i just dont watch it and vote 0 anyway i think thats the best option. you deserve it for playing twinks."
"ps: rating 1 rite now, it won't get moderated gg"
"haha its awesome, my rating weight on that idiotic site is so high that my 1 star was worth enough to bring it down 0.2 rating, even after 2 people gave it 5s right after me"

This person mocks your website, which just so happens to be proving him correct.

I have been a long time supporter of your website and I -was- going to buy an annual subscription of Premium, however these events have deeply altered my view on your website.

If this is not fixed, I will without question not only never make movies for this site or buy Premium, I will flat out never come to the site again.
Guum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:42 AM   #2
Dwârv

Dwârv is unknown at this point
Guum, face it: most likely the comment/rating will not be erased.

I have these troll ratings on some of my vids aswell, but as long as there is no "strong language" included, you can type reports till your fingers start bleeding with no result at all.

People like Factionz you will find on literally any website where viewers rate and comment on other peoples work.They are a pain in the a**, but they are a fact.Unfortunatelly they have a - much too - strong impact here on WcM (even when they have a very low "rating weight") and the only thing you can do is to hope that with the time they get outnumbered by higher ratings.

It's easy to get mad about these immature people, but it sure is useless.
Accept this as a part of the game and remember that on almost every movie here on WcM you'll find these troll ratings, meaning that every movie suffers from them, and by that there is some sort of a "balance" back again...

That means, that an average rating above 4.7 is really high and something you can be proud of.

And finally: Don't take the hole thing to serious - making WoW movies is a hobby, and you should not let your fun be destructed by any rating at all...Extremely said:even if you get like 25 troll ratings on your movie - as long as you had fun with doing it you should say "so what?" and just go on...
Old 06-09-2008, 01:31 AM   #3
Guum
Initiate

Guum is an unknown quantity at this point
Let it go? My video could have earned some achievements if it were not for Factionz and his trolling crew.

Before they came it was holding a steady 4.9 rating. Now it's down to 4.68. It SHOULD be ~4.80.
Guum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
Uzbeki

Uzbeki is unknown at this point
I checked the stats. 77% of all reported comments gets deleted. Saying that reporting comments does not do anything is not really true All reports will be looked at and actions will be taken.

Sometimes it just takes a few more hours, you have to consider that we are not in the same timezone as you. We have to sleep like everyone else Your first email reached us about 9 hours before you made this post.