WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Actors & Directors Corner
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-31-2007, 01:10 AM   #1
neogeek
Initiate

neogeek is unknown at this point
Looking for machinima artists

I am trying to contact machinima artists who are interested in getting their work shown FOR FREE at a film festival.

BOTH posts have been deleted as advertising spam (though I was only warned after the second post). This particular forum seems to be where folks look for writers, actors, voicework, etc. Is there no place in these forums to talk about film festivals in which we can participate?? Why is this considered spam??

If not, what other sites would offer such discussions?

EDIT: Here's more information as I've since been given approval to post this:
http://www.neositesolutions.com/gami...7machinima.htm

The deadline is coming up so get your submissions in!

Last edited by neogeek : 06-26-2007 at 02:59 AM.
neogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
Ixirar
Initiate

Ixirar is unknown at this point
Hey, i may be interested in that one... If you want a lvl 70 female nightelf druid, contact Ixirar (Dragonmaw-EU) ingame.

Hope to hear from ya
Ixirar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:44 PM   #3
godliest

godliest is notable
These are the movies I've created so far. Check them out and add them to the film festival if u want to, they aren't great, but..

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:32 PM   #4
kiahann

kiahann is notable
You can advertise but you have to get admin's permission first. PM Uzbeki or Gedan.

You can see that in the rules here http://www.mmorpgforum.net/showthread.php?t=13

Mostly the rule is because we DON'T want gold advertisements and account trading on here this forum is for movies, Movie discussion..ect.. It's not for linking other sites on.

Last edited by kiahann : 04-14-2007 at 08:39 PM.
kiahann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:44 PM   #5
Rothicol
Hall of Fame member

Rothicol is unknown at this point
If you want, you can show my latest movie at the film festival. It's quite good

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=38757

-Henrik & Hamfist Productions
Old 04-21-2007, 08:14 PM   #6
godliest

godliest is notable
Quote:

I back Rothicol (/Hamfist Productions/Henrik) up on that.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:03 PM   #7
neogeek
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixirar View Post
Hey, i may be interested in that one... If you want a lvl 70 female nightelf druid, contact Ixirar (Dragonmaw-EU) ingame.

Hope to hear from ya
Thanks! I'll give you a shout. (Though... I'm not sure what you mean by "If you want a lvl 70 female nightelf druid". I'm looking for folks who want to submit their completed videos to the film festival.)
Old 04-22-2007, 05:04 PM   #8
neogeek
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by godliest View Post
These are the movies I've created so far. Check them out and add them to the film festival if u want to, they aren't great, but..
I see you have quite a few. Which do you think would be your best given the below criteria?

"Please keep in mind that the audience may be unfamiliar with the game in which the machinima was made and there will be no opportunities to 'introduce' your video - it must stand on it's own. Successful candidate videos will entertain and engage the audience without requiring knowledge of the game world in question (a clear and engaging story line, an entertaining music video, etc.). Videos made to show how quickly you and your friends can kill a boss and/or how effectively you have mastered the particular game's mechanics are unlikely to be selected."
Old 04-22-2007, 05:08 PM   #9
neogeek
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiahann View Post
You can advertise but you have to get admin's permission first. PM Uzbeki or Gedan.

You can see that in the rules here http://www.mmorpgforum.net/showthread.php?t=13

Mostly the rule is because we DON'T want gold advertisements and account trading on here this forum is for movies, Movie discussion..ect.. It's not for linking other sites on.
Thanks. I don't think I actually included a link to ANYWHERE. Just noted that there was a new machinima segment to this year's DragonCon Film Festival and that I was looking for video submissions and speakers/panelists (or recommendations for either).

Regardless, I am almost done with a web page that details everything and will be sure to ask Uzbeki/Gedan if I may post information and a link to it (or maybe they would even be willing to post the banner link - like the "Azeroth Exposed" contest banner was posted around). I just wanted folks here to have a chance to submit their work if they were interested since this is such an active machinima community.

Thanks again for the clarification!
Old 04-22-2007, 05:38 PM   #10
neogeek
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothicol View Post

Thanks! I'll take a look!

Edit: Oops! Sorry. It's way too long. We'll have an hour to show a number of videos so the limit is no more than 10 minutes per video. Sorry I don't have all the details here on submissions. As I noted above, my previous attempts at giving the details were removed.

Nice story and work though, especially in the time frame you noted.