Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2009, 04:56 AM   #1
Fengorr
Initiate

Fengorr is unknown at this point
Looking for some advice

For years I've been putting off doing anything with machinima, digging through my mind over where I could find information on how to do it. I even bought machinima for dummies but never got around to reading it until 2 weeks ago. Great read but I feel book smarts only go so far; so I believe I need to be asking people with experience about this. I've been fleshing out my current idea over the past year when I have time and now I'm trying to work out the technical logistics of it all before I start dragging victims....I mean friends into the project.

Currently I'm working with the adobe premiere pro, photoshop, and a newly broken WoW Model Viewer. My questions to the community are

1) Is there anything other than WoW model viewer out there since its creator no longer updates it?

2) As for the WoW Map viewer is there anything else like that out there since it just straight up no longer works?

3) A program that generates particle effects somewhat like Particle Illusion 3.0 but a little bit cheaper. Nothing with that preset crap I need to be able to make my own.

4) Sounds, music, FX; really anyone that knows of a way to obtain area music and such from the WoW data files please let me know.

That's really all that I can think of at the current time. If I think of more I'll add to this post.
Fengorr is offline   Reply With Quote