WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Anything wrong?
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2007, 06:25 AM   #1
dvinitus
Initiate

dvinitus is unknown at this point
Corrupted movies?

Hello,
This evening I downloaded 2 movies:

- http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=34167

and

- http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=34097

When the downloads were finished, and I attempted to open them, I received a "this file is corrupted" error. Thinking maybe it was a software error, I downloaded the movies on a different computer, but encountered the same error when I attempted to open the movies.

I haven't seen any other posts on the forums regarding this, but it would seem strange if the source of the difficulties is on my end as I tested this on two separate computers. Any ideas?

Thanks very much for your time. :-)
dvinitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:31 PM   #2
Uzbeki

Uzbeki is unknown at this point
From what mirror did you download?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:59 PM   #3
Gedan

Gedan is unknown at this point
I'm having no trouble watching them, what video player do you use to play the files with?
Old 01-05-2007, 04:01 PM   #4
dvinitus
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzbeki View Post
From what mirror did you download?
If memory serves, I tried two mirrors, "Premium (US #2)" and "Premium (US #4)". I'll try downloading again today and will post my follow up results here. Thanks again for your time.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #5
dvinitus
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedan View Post
I'm having no trouble watching them, what video player do you use to play the files with?
When I downloaded them on my Mac, I used my usual QuickTime.app (with the "Flip4Mac" component to allow for WMV viewing). When this didn't work, I switched over to my Windows box, re-downloaded the movie, and tried to open it using Windows Media Player v9. I received the same "corrupted file" error. I upgraded to WMP v10, tried again, but received the same error.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:56 PM   #6
Waverian

Waverian is unknown at this point
I've been having similar problems with about 20% of the movies I download. I generally download from Premium 4. They won't play video or audio in Windows Media Player, VLC Player, or DivX player. I've tried downloading multiple times in both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

I know for sure that I had a problem with the 2nd video posted in the OP, so I'll try downloading them under a number of different conditions and see what the result is.
Waverian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:02 PM   #7
arctickcin
Initiate

arctickcin is unknown at this point
HAHA I just came on the forums to make a thread about this... I also am getting corrupted videos when I download off the premium... I also use number 4.
arctickcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:06 PM   #8
arctickcin
Initiate

arctickcin is unknown at this point
Its also very weird because the movie is its FULL VIDEO SIZE, so after the 10 mins or so of waiting to get it, it sucks to find its corrupted.. It doesnt happen with all movies, but so far 1/3 videos I get off of premium do it. A perfect example would be, http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=34176 that I just downloaded using premium 4, but windows move player says its corrupted can't play it, vlc player wont play it, and others.. Yeah I am not computer stupid, I know what I am doing, so theres some kind of problem server end with the videos either being uploaded or downloaded.
arctickcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:08 PM   #9
dvinitus
Initiate

Update: While I haven't found what caused those movies I linked on the first post to be corrupted, I've since downloaded other movies (AVIs, WMVs, etc) from the same mirrors (Premium US 2 & 4) that were fine. I'll post back here though if I come across this error again.
:-)