WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Anything wrong?
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
Dwârv

Dwârv is unknown at this point
fame = autorecommendation ?

Hi guys !

I am mildly inconvinienced.

The other day, we had a "movie" recommended here, that by all means is pure crap. Talking about the Vurtne(reborn)-clip.

By now, what I understood is that somebody hacked Vurtnes account and released that clip under Vurtnes name.
Aside the question, what this tells us about the person who did so, I am still left with some questions.Here comes:

First of, was it Vurtnes WoW account or the WcM one that got hacked? I understood it's the WoW one, cause Vurtnereborn opened a new account here on WcM, right? If so, it is still a riddle to me, how this clip got recommended.

Either a movie attached to a famous authors name gets an automatic recommendation on release, or the people at WcM who preview the incoming movies are as immature as Vurtnereborn (are 12 year old boys allowed to work over there..?) and found this to be funny as hell.Or this is some sort of first-of-april-joke I just don't get.
I think it's what I guessed first, and this leads to another question:

Is the preview stuff of WcM watching incoming movies at all?
I hardly think so, seeing that on the other hand and in addition a real highlight like the trailer of "The Avenger" passes by your borderpatrol unnoticed.

Next question: Is nobody at WcM noticing the hoolaboo going on about the mentioned clip, maybe then finally watch it and delete Vurtnereborns account, or at least, the recommendation..?

As said, I am mildly inconvinienced, and would appreciate a few words of explanation, cause I started this thread in this category because I think that, yes, something IS wrong.....

greetings

Last edited by Dwârv : 05-09-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: grammar
Dwârv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
rain321
Initiate

rain321 is an unknown quantity at this point
i think wcm was hacked, somebody replaced akrios' picture with gay one and changed description
rain321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:54 PM   #3
Uzbeki

Uzbeki is unknown at this point
In the case of Vurtne reborn a step in the approval process was compromised. It got released without any knowledge of the admin staff. It would never even had been released on the site. This loophole existed for about 40min before it was closed. All admin functions have now been physically locked to the correct people thus making it virtually impossible do pull this off again. The movie and its recommendation has been removed, the account has been closed, ips banned and the people responsible identified. Appropriate measuers will be taken against them.

The loophole was fixed very quickly, the movie was sadly up on the site a lot longer than it should have been. :/ I take responsibility for the slow audit.

Fame will never equal rec. on WCM.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:35 AM   #4
Monstah
Initiate

Monstah is unknown at this point
The same hacker gave 2 another recommendations. You can see it in latest achievements. Have fun repearing it.
Monstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:10 AM   #5
Uzbeki

Uzbeki is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstah View Post
The same hacker gave 2 another recommendations. You can see it in latest achievements. Have fun repearing it.
Taken care of. Thanks for alerting us.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:20 PM   #6
Luos
Initiate

Luos is an unknown quantity at this point
The hacker also attached Vurtne as a author to a lot of new released movies...
Luos is offline   Reply With Quote