WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-04-2007, 11:16 PM   #1
Amorius
Initiate

Amorius is unknown at this point
Vegas v8 released

I'm not really here to promote it in any way, but more to give a fair warning to the public.

I previously had v6 of Vegas Platinum, never did upgrade to v7. Version 8 has just been released(I think it was released on July 2nd), and you can even do the $49.95 upgrade at sony's site. Here's the warning.... as far as version 6, the max project size for premium was 2048x2048. For some goofy reason, Sony has decided that that was too much. Version 8's max project size(for premium) has been reduced to 1440x1050. I know numerous folks use widescreen monitors that generally display in 1680x1050, and that is a problem since vegas 8 will try to squeeze the video to fit into that 1440 size, thereby doing some distortion.. So, my advice, don't upgrade to version 8 until Sony is willing to increase that project size.
Amorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:35 PM   #2
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorius View Post
as far as version 6, the max project size for premium was 2048x2048. For some goofy reason, Sony has decided that that was too much. Version 8's max project size(for premium) has been reduced to 1440x1050. I know numerous folks use widescreen monitors that generally display in 1680x1050, and that is a problem since vegas 8 will try to squeeze the video to fit into that 1440 size, thereby doing some distortion.. So, my advice, don't upgrade to version 8 until Sony is willing to increase that project size.

Holy christ thats.. bad :/

Vegas 6 or vegas 7 meanwhile I guess. I doubt there are new must-have issues in vegas 8 that arent in 7, same with 7/6.

edit: Nah, from what I can tell Vegas 7.0e is still the latest. What they did upgrade to version 8 is vegas movie studio which afaik is another thing (cheaped down version of vegas or something)

Last edited by Thiras : 07-04-2007 at 11:38 PM.
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:49 AM   #3
Amorius
Initiate

Amorius is unknown at this point
I guess I should have been a little more specific. Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Edition 8 is what I was referring to. But, I have been using Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Edition 6 for a long time. My version 6 is capped at 2048x2048, the version 8 that was released a couple days ago is limited to 1440x1050.

But ya, I don't think there's a whole lot about version 8 that is a total necessity for folks unless that nagging error that pops up at the beginning for vista users bugs you so much(think it's due to .Net 1.1).

Oh and here is the link to the upgrade program to version 8.

Last edited by Amorius : 07-05-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Amorius is offline   Reply With Quote