WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-03-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
Elphaba
Initiate

Elphaba is an unknown quantity at this point
Adobe Premiere Pro - Sequence Resolution

I am currently learning to use Adobe Premiere Pro so I can do some cooler things than I could do using Windows Movie Maker. I FRAPS my videos from WoW at 1680x1050 and import them into my Premiere Project at the same resolution.

My problem is that Premiere seems to default its Sequence resolution to 720x480, which leaves quite a bit of my videos chopped off. Does anyone have experience with this software that can lend me some advice? I was kinda bummed to get a whole project laid out only to realize my video resolution is well below what I was aiming for.
Elphaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #2
Sheril
Initiate

Sheril is an unknown quantity at this point
new project-custom settings-editing mode : desktop("video for windows" in 1.5 or older version)

And you could adjust all the project settings now.
Don't forget to change the aspect ratio to 1.0,and field options to progressive scan

www.zinstudio.cn ,welcome.
Sheril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:16 PM   #3
Elphaba
Initiate

Elphaba is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks very much for the reply, it worked like a charm. However, I now seem to have created a new problem for myself. I assembled my project, which has a running time of ~13.5min and told it to Export the movie.

The result has been a Rendering that has lasted about 18 hours thus far and is only 84% done. I'm pretty sure by the time this is finished, this file is going to be massive =/

Did I do something wrong with my settings someplace? To review, I recorded my FRAPS at 1680x1050 resolution at 30fps and then configured my adobe sequence to be the same resolution.
Elphaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:34 PM   #4
Sheril
Initiate

Sheril is an unknown quantity at this point
What codec did you use?

I recommend two ways of exporting a movie with Premiere.
1.File-export-Adobe Media Encoder,and then use 2-pass variable constrained bitrate to encode a .WMV file. If your resolution is high, rendering with lots of filter/effects,may take quite a long time.But the result often not bad, because this codec produces very stable video quality.
2.File-export-movie/audio,export the video and audio respectively with lossless codec(.AVI and .WAV), and then use other software to encode them to xvid/mp3 .AVI file, or h264/mp3 .MP4 file. This way is more complex, but often produce better quality than .WMV, especially in mid-low bitrate.

www.zinstudio.cn ,welcome.

Last edited by Sheril : 02-04-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Sheril is offline   Reply With Quote