WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > WCM Live
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
spargris
Initiate

spargris is unknown at this point
Awsome stuff

Hello guys!

First of all i'd like to say that this new streaming thing on WCM is really cool and will prolly bring a lot of more people here as well.

In FAQ it says:
What platforms does the broadcaster support?
Windows XP or Vista. At the moment other operating systems are not currently supported.

Im running with Windows 7 x64 on my comp, and the stream worked fine.

The installing of the broadcaster took like 1min, and very simple.
To start with, I had some trouble with the stream working becouse I did not have the latest version of Firefox, and for some reason the Dynno Plug-in was abit wired, don't ask me why, it just didn't want to install. After I while I manage to install the Dynno plug-in and update the Firefox, so now I could watch my own stream and it looked kinda good.

I dont know why it was a bit laggy sometimes, still wondering, could this have to do with my internet connection? Its not very good but it should be ok.. Its 8/1 Swedish Telia. 8mb DL 1mb UL.
or could the lag have to do with my resolution ingame being so big and my stream being so small (resolution-wise),? *playing 1680x1050 wide, ingame*

Talked with Gedan last night on the stream, we were checking some things while I was playing..
Sometimes the quality was really good, and the picture was fast in the changes while running around jumping and fighting, but sometimes it got really bad and the quality continued to be bad untill you stood still for a short while so everything could get piced up on the stream.

The settings I tryed while streaming was:
640x480
20fps
bandwidth Usage: 85%
Bitrate: 600KB/s

My MS ingame, is normally around 60-120, and when I stream with Xfire, it gets to around 200 something.
You can definitely tell a difference in my opinion, becouse when im streaming with the WCM stream, my MS is stable around 140-160, it sometimes grows, but its rare.

One last thing: When I was streaming video + sound (music) and talking to Gedan, I/we noticed that the quality was kinda bad to start with, becouse of streaming music at the same time? I dont know.
After a short while the quality got better.. But one thing that would be cool, would be if you should have 2 streaming "sounds". Dont know how to explain it, but i'll try.. The current sound streaming, is only from my mic, thats the only thing that worked for me atleast. So my idea was to have 2 soundstreams. Lets say im playing arena, and I have music on while playing, in a good volume, u should be able to hear that music in the background but the vent/TS/Skype as well. OR you could choose to only stream music, or your mic, or vent..

Point is, it would be great to be able to stream music, but not via mic.
** Only "Mixer" I could choose was: Microphone. **
Last night Gedan could hear my music in the stream good he said, thing was, I had my mic together with my headset on the table.

Anyway, sorry for all the wrong spelling etc, english aint my main language.
Dont know if this is any feedback at all but hey, its something

Hit me back if you would like to chat and try more stuff, I love love love streams!

- Spargris aka Caredawg

Last edited by spargris : 08-26-2009 at 03:37 PM.
spargris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #2
Uzbeki

Uzbeki is unknown at this point
Thanks for your feedback Caredawg.

We will add Windows 7 to the FAQ. Its a bit dated

We are looking into the issue with the install of the viewer in FF.

Try experimenting a bit with the settings, maybe even increasing the bandwidth usage. Check the CPU usage as well. If the CPU is working 100% it might have trouble encoding everything when you have fast movement on screen.

The sound is a bit tricky. It is possible to get both mic and music sound but this depends entirely upon the audio card and if Stereo Mix is supported. If they are, then it is easy to multiplex them. This might also be possible to do with some 3rd party software to mix and emulate the hardware needed. We are looking into this.

We are very pleased to hear that its working good for you overall. We have a number of changes coming in the next release of the Broadcaster which will improve the usabaility quite a lot.

Keep feeding us
Old 08-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
spargris
Initiate

spargris is unknown at this point
Hi again!

Have you guys done anything different with the WCM broadcaster?
Tryed it today and yesterday abit, felt like the lagg was much less for some reason

Im keep trying diffrent stuff all the time, but overall it feels like its getting better, that's why I'm asking

I will gief more feedback in a while!

Caredawg
spargris is offline   Reply With Quote