Join Date: Sep 2006
Update Notes – July 17, 2008
- Dead team members will now get quest kill credit if they are within range.
- You now only prohibited from entering stealth mode if team members are in combat nearby.
- All your team members and their pets will now get the fatality buff when a team member performs a fatality.
- The mentor and apprentice will see an onscreen message regarding confirmation or declining of pending apprenticeship requests.
- Mesh effects during spellweaving should no longer rotate with the character.
- Shield of the Risen will only display particle effects on hidden players if they are on your team.
- Animations for the 'grin', 'laugh' and 'laughheartily' emotes have been tweaked for both male and female characters.
- Emote 'squirm_on_ground' has been renamed to 'lounge', to better fit the animation.
- The following abilities now have new effects: Cat's Paw, Opportunistic Strike, Kidney Shots, Avatar of Death, Lotus Overdose, Necrotic Leech, Corrupting Strikes, and Lunge.
- Feats "Eyes of Madness", "Rampaging Horde", "Welcoming Death", and "Too Many To Count" now have visuals associated with them.
- Earth Recharge ability will have a better visual indicator of activation.
- Let Them Burn should now have the correct cooldown.
- Let Them Burn will now properly increase in damage the longer it is channeled.
- Shockblast (Rank 1) and Inferno of Amher (Rank 1) will now scale correctly when compared to Rank 2. The additional splash damage of Shockblast now scales correctly, as it dealt more damage than intended previously.
- Frostblast now has a visual cone of frost.
- Ice Shackle spell is now less invasive and more optimized.
- The tooltip for Malefic Chant now shows up as intended.
- Night of the Harvester should now correctly increase the effect of the Harvester mana/stamina heal by 15/30%.
- To offset the change to Void causing the pet no longer to be rooted, the drain effect of Void has been reduced and now scales more consistently based on level.
- Spell "Siphon Unlife" now has visuals and sound.
- The casting time of Set's Ruin, Set's Cold Hatred, and Blasphemy have been reduced from 4 seconds to 2 seconds.
- Parasitic Soul Swarm is now less invasive and should take up less screenspace.
Priest of Mitra
- The Spellweaving animation has been tweaked.
- The ranger's tracking list can now be sorted by distance.
- Dead NPCs and players will now longer appear when using the tracking ability.
Tempest of Set
- Set's Life Spark should now trigger a resurrection prompt instantly after dying.
- Puppets of Set should now draw the attention of nearby NPCs if you attempt to cast it on a group of NPCs.
- Combos and all other actions will be aborted when you start to charge.
- The combo chain will now be stopped when you begin a charge.
- You can no longer start combos in the middle of a charge.
- Dismembering fatalities should now show appropriate visual effects.
- You can now abort multihit combos without all the damage being rolled back.
- Aborting multihit combos will not make the target's health become desynced from the client/server anymore.
- Fizzle and immunity rolls have been moved to the end of your spellcast. If your target becomes immune after you start your spellcast but before it deals damage, your target will resist the spell.
- Stealth is checked again at the end of your spellcast. If your target hides before you land the spell, your spellcast will fail.
- The distance to your target while casting a spell is checked again at the end of your spellcast, with a 25% bonus to your range.
- If your target is behind an obstacle when you've finished casting your spell, the spell will fail
- Combo finishers (the last attack in the combo chain) now have 25% extra range, making them easier to land in PvP.
- Mobs will keep you in combat from further away now.
- Aborting unarmed attacks (using a knockback, for example) will now properly cause the damage not to be dealt.
- Clickable abilities with instant effects will not be queued after your attack anymore, but executed right away.
- You cannot use abilities while jumping or falling anymore.
- Dying while knockbacking NPCs will not cause the npc to become stuck in combat mode anymore.
- Attack animation speed should be more balanced between genders (note: this does not yet include the combo animations).
- Combat music has been tweaked so that tension music will be area specific, rather than random.
- Massive PvP: Mercenary players in a team with a guild member should no longer be hostile-flagged during battle.
- You will no longer be able to attack guild members on PvP servers.
- The Massive PVP gui will show up on a separate tab than Minigame PvP.
- If your pet does the most damage to a target in a minigame, you will now get credited for the kill instead of the pet.
- Ground targeting AOEs should now only be allowed if the player has line of sight to the target.
- The siege camps will now give a message when they are clicked on and the city is not vulnerable.
- You should no longer be able to damage your raid members on Culture PvP servers.
- The player cities and Battlekeeps now have various NPCs living in them.
- Buildings should now show the proper damage states when the building gets damaged or repaired.
NPCs / Mobs
- Grey quests will now award XP again.
- (Atzel's Approach) Kidnapping and Torture ; Diversionary Tactics Inner West - It should now be possible to ignite all palisades.
- (Atzel's Approach) Revenge of the Ape God - Location of this quest is now marked in the journal.
- (Black Ring Citadel) Bowls of Set, The Hunt - Quest will now complete when you speak to Kalanthes about it.
- (Conall's Valley) An Impending Attack - The location marker for Torin has been changed.
- (Field of the Dead) The Honored Dead - This is now a solo quest.
- (Kheshatta) Den of Evil Perversions - Has been fixed. Go find the Onyx Chambers, retrieve Hakar Tep's head, then return it to Zane.
- If you currently have this quest, you MUST delete the quest and go pick it up again from Zane.
- (Kheshatta) Mouth Of Darkness - Journal text has been updated. The Marker Rune is found near the entrance, rather than within it.
- (Kheshatta) Markers of the Lost Tomb - A goal marker has been added for the third objective.
- (Khopshef) Yipping Hyenas - Changed quest waypoint radius, to cover a larger area and more hyenas.
- (Khopshef) Usurping the Power - Now marked as a group quest.
- (Khopshef) Emerald Eyes - It should no longer be possible to walk through the door to the Emerald Guardians without first getting the quest.
- (Khopshef) Trapped by Lions - Timer has been changed to 10 minutes, instead of 10 hours.
- (Khopshef) The Swindler's Game, Shedding Torment, Stygian Superstitions, The Forgotten Temple, Fascinating Faces, Conflicting Interests - An item reward has been added to these quests.
- (Khopshef) Lusts of the Flesh - Alekeep in Caravansrai will now ask you for tin, not copper.
- (Tarantia Noble) Paetus & The Nemedian Crown - Coordinates have been updated within the Villa. The map item will now have a particle effect when you have the quest.
- (Tarantia Noble) Rahim and Lord Camillus - Rahim's dialog should now work properly when you tell him "Then this madman must be stopped". Player will receive a quest.
- (Tarantia Noble) Obtaining the Arena Key – Quest should now be completable.
- Several typos corrected in many quests worldwide.
- Charmed NPCs will now be able to attack and perform actions while charmed.
- More NPCs should now be visible in the vicinity for several raid dungeons.
- NPCs wielding two handed weapons will now attack correctly.
- Knockback animations (the landing-animations in particular) will now be smoother for many creatures.
- Raid bosses should now be visible from further away, in most cases.
- Black Ring Citadel: Incubus and Succubus are now strong enough to knockback all players. Swamp demon's swamp has become increasingly more dangerous.
- Black Ring Citadel: Seruha will wait a little before closing the door.
- Conall's Valley: Wounded Vanir in Conall's Valley will no longer execute the same identical movements at the same time.
- Field of the Dead: Lieutenant Rhor has learned some new skills, and should no longer be so easy to defeat.
- Field of the Dead: The Lupine Superior boss has lost his floating wig. He will also spawn minions in a more correct manner.
- Khemi: Rhino name-plates should now be displayed properly and will no longer clip into the rhino.
- Kheshatta: Scorpion Archers should now attack more consistently at range.
- Kheshatta: Several NPCs with equipped weapons have been corrected.
- Tarantia Noble: Astrologer will no longer send you into a dialog loop.
- Tortage: Renton should no longer make strange sounds during the Destiny Mage quest.
- Underhalls: Litharia's patrol has been adjusted a bit, to end her walking through walls or pillars.
- Vistrix: All players that participate in the fight against Vistrix should now get his tooth.
- White Sands: Thrall Warrior armor has been tweaked so as to not clip anymore.
- Wild Lands: Oris should no longer send you into a dialog loop.
- Certain bosses were using combos they weren't supposed to. This has been fixed.
Original Source Read the full version of this news item on AoCMovies.com