PDA

View Full Version : Movie Rate System

Valamir
11-05-2006, 04:19 PM
I think it is time that we add a new category to the rate system. Since the audio/video quality category covers way too much I seriously suggest that "Choice of music" be added. People are rating movies low because of the a/v more and more and the main reason is music choice. The only reason why a/v should be rated low is because the actual quality of the video or music was bad, not what music the author chose.

Also I do think that the author has the right to know exactly what was rated low not just the added figures. So below each comment needs to be the rating that individual rated each category in and then next to it all the summed up rating. It does not matter if the whole community can see it, I think that I speek for more than one person when I say, "I want to know what I did wrong".

The Bum
11-05-2006, 06:29 PM
I think thats a nice idea

Quazimodo
11-05-2006, 11:54 PM
I approve!

kiahann
11-06-2006, 03:03 AM
Sounds like a nice idea.

Gedan
11-10-2006, 11:45 AM
I like the part on having the authors see what was rated on all different variables also, might be something to change.

..The only reason why a/v should be rated low is because the actual quality of the video or music was bad, not what music the author chose...

I don't feel this has to be the only reason a person has the right to rate low is based on the actual quality. Also a sertain song on a movie has to be weight in but not has the same weight as content and the other 3-4.

Uzbeki
11-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Also not all movies have music in them. 95%+ do but we need a system that works on all types.

Quazimodo
11-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Maybe copy the rating system used in Newgrounds.com,

Graphics: Sound: Interactivity: Style: Violence: Humor:

leave out Interactivity tho :P

Ragnorok161
11-10-2006, 05:52 PM
New category = good

Uzbeki
11-11-2006, 08:22 PM
"Violence: Humor:" ?
It will be hard to make that fit all movies ;)

I think there might be a point to seperate Graphics and sound into two categories but it needs to be evaluated carefully first though.

Valamir
11-11-2006, 08:38 PM
I just would like to make "music" seperate from a/v.

Quazimodo
11-11-2006, 09:42 PM
"Violence: Humor:" ?
It will be hard to make that fit all movies ;)

I think there might be a point to seperate Graphics and sound into two categories but it needs to be evaluated carefully first though.

Humor would be good.. Violence.. hmm... nah :P

The Bum
11-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Humor might be good on comedies, but not all movies are made comedies :P

Btcc22
11-11-2006, 11:52 PM
I'm not really of the opinion that movies should be rated on whether or not somebody has the same music tastes as the author.

But that's just me, and I do agree about the A/V quality option being abused. Perhaps it could be removed, or a set figure rated by the moderator that publishes it that will be displayed (saying as it's more fact than opinion)?

Quazimodo
11-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Humor might be good on comedies, but not all movies are made comedies :P

Then Humor can be set to 0

Ragnorok161
11-12-2006, 07:08 PM
lol I would LOVE to see a newground WoW movie... Talk about peeing my pants

Valamir
12-20-2006, 09:34 PM
I still seriously feel that a break down of how the movie was rated is required. Why? The author needs to know what he/she needs to improve on. Basically you have the break down of each category rated and then the sum at the bottom of each comment/rate or even a break down where the avg. rate is. As an author I want know exactly where I need to improve and I am sure every author wants this too.

Btcc22
12-20-2006, 09:37 PM
I agree with the original suggestion, but it would be better if the music vote had no effect on the overall rating of the video.

wuddersup
12-21-2006, 12:13 AM
You could make one of the categories "Sound" and just remove the A/V category. If the movie has bad video quality just lower your grade on their Editing.

Blacktrap
01-27-2007, 04:57 AM
I completely agree with Valamir here. I just assumed that the whole point of the rating system was so that the movie maker COULD see the individual scores given for each category. If the movie maker can't see that already then they definitely should be able to. Whether or not the rest of the community can see the individual scores - I don't mind either way.
Valamir's other point, that "choice of music" should be separate from A/V quality is also very valid.

Blacktrap
01-27-2007, 04:59 AM
You could make one of the categories "Sound" and just remove the A/V category. If the movie has bad video quality just lower your grade on their Editing.

Possibly, but I also think that confusion or people's differeing ideas on what each category is for actually adds more incentive for my idea of a guide to rating movies which must be read before you gain Fame:2 and the ability to post comments and ratings.

I'll quote my post from another thread:
Is there a guide to rating anywhere?
It should have 4 parts and say something like this:

A guide to rating:

Content: this deals with such and such. Example: blah blah.
If you think their content was terrible rate a 1, if it was lacking and could use improvment give a 2 ... if you think it was outstanding and mind blowing, giv ea 5
Creativity: This deals with the artistic value or blah blah. Is this video exceptionally unique and ground breaking? Give a 4-5. If it's all been seen before and a clone of 100s of other videos, give a 1-2
Editing: How professional is the video? Is the editing annoying or enjoyable? Does it add or subtract from the movie?
A/V Qual: Did the music appeal to you? Was the voice acting if applicable easy to understand? Was the video tiny and hard to see or was it large and clear?

ETC ETC.

Once you were eligible to reach the value of Fame: 2, you could be automatically sent a PM asking you to read the guide and answer around 2-5 multiple choice questions to show you'd read it. Once completed, you would be given Fame: 2 and would be allowed to comment and rate movies.

What do you Admins think?