View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 05:50 PM   #11
Birdfall
Initiate

Birdfall is unknown at this point
I can now record Vent in Fraps. Dunno what did it, but I think it was doing this:

My Computer - Control Panel - Change Sound Scheme - Audio (tab) - Sound Recording - [Volume...] Slide "Recording" to max.

On the Ventrilo website, it says the 2.3.0 program should have the "Ability to record and playback voice streams." But I searched the program Setup and couldn't find anything like this. (Admittedly, lots of options confuse me, but I didn't see the word "Record" anywhere.) It does note that you need to have a fairly decent sound card to make this work on Windows, so that could be an issue for some people. It specifically mentions needing "DirectX 8.1 or higher" and sound cards such as "Sound Blaster Live and Audigy." But even if I had those (I think my sound card is great, b/c my computer is new and I got it for video editing), I don't know where the functions would be to record straight off of Vent.

Errr... just keep trying things and testing it. Perhaps someone knowledgeable on this will actually come along and tell us what else you can try before running out to get a new sound card. Because it would suck to do that and still have it not work.

Last edited by Birdfall : 11-30-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Birdfall is offline   Reply With Quote