WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2008, 05:57 AM   #1
bryanz
Initiate

bryanz is unknown at this point
Compesition settings.

Hey guys.

Got a question. I'm running fraps on half sized 30 fps you know the drill. My fraps files are 3,9 gb. Sick imo, but hell its raw so its normal right?...Right??....
Anyway, as i continue i delete the material i dont use and i want to convert the material i want to use to a smaller format since i got like 100 gb of fraps material alrdy. Wich i feel like is in the way with such a size.

Question:
How should i convert it? I'm quite new with After effects altho i know pretty much of the editting since its a part of my school roster but i dont know anything of the rendering part. Should i use vegas or after effects to render it? Wich settings to keep the quality up. Tho i want to upload it on max quality also. I see nice quality warcraft movies with a size of 600 - 800 mb. O_o..

Could anyone explain this ^^?

Cheers, Bryan.
bryanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:20 AM   #2
pajamas
Initiate

pajamas is unknown at this point
im assuming after affects works in the same way as vegas and wouold like you to feed it the uncrompressed files

edit it all keeping the big files then start render experiments and forms of compression with virtualdub etc

then this can reduce 100gigs of fraps footage + your editing and music in to say 1 gig

then i delete most of the big clips i used =)
pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote