WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-14-2007, 06:09 PM   #1
Gaffy
Initiate

Gaffy is unknown at this point
After Effects in 3D

Yep, it's trully a some untouched world for me The only thing I can do with 3D, is to rotate/orient some 2D images. It's still a big secret for me what's hidden behind this flat monitor in this 3D World of animation.

The reason for this post, is to get some tips, tricks and simple advices about this. At the moment I'm watching Total Training for After FX, and I noticed that 75% of its material is about 3D Also I started to watch it, because I haven't succeded in creating a 'DG Productions' 3D (or whatever) logo after sitting 2 evening in a row. For some visual design and ideas of its, the source is here. There's some kinda step by step guide on how to create this, but damn... that after effects is running on some old Mac, and it's damn old version. A lot if mismatches with CS3 or even CS2 So it was really hard to understand for me.

Is there any other way to create something similar, because I even failed to rotate character from 'behind' look to 'front' look via this 'Null Value' and 'Camera Rotation'.

Looking forward of your ideas

Also posted this on Myndflame Community Site.

Last edited by Gaffy : 06-14-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Gaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:37 AM   #2
Btcc22
Hall of Fame member

Btcc22 is unknown at this point
Someone else trying those Ayato tutorials.

My honest advice? They look good, but:

1) The English is often poorly translated which can lead to problems.
2) They skip stages out.
3) They make assumptions.
4) The worst for last: They tend to leave out all the details they add in, which are what really make it look good.

I'd say leave them and find a better site.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:21 PM   #3
godliest

godliest is notable
I can just agree with Btcc22 it's a damn hard tutorial site. It's very noneducational (is that a word?) and they sometimes skip important parts making it a hell to understand what to do.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:59 PM   #4
Joh|Goodwin
Initiate

Joh|Goodwin is unknown at this point
To make a text with a thickness you need a plugin called "Zaxwerks 3D Invigorator".

Here is my version of example 48. It is After Effects 7.0

http://rapidshare.com/files/37949558...le_48.aep.html
Joh|Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:55 PM   #5
Wobba
Initiate

Wobba is unknown at this point
After effects is a puzzling piece of software. Takes long enough to get used to eve semi pro stuff like Vega and Premier, then they chuck in all these addons and huge programs to just do a simple thing like 3d text ffs.

I honestly think they deliberately make things complex just to safeguard the jobs of digital editors...

I mean, it's nice to have a ton of effects etc that u can modify stuff outside the main compilation package eg Avid, Vegas etc, but daned if I can ever find what i actually NEED. I always end up getting yet another peice of damned software to do the job!

Last edited by Wobba : 07-06-2007 at 11:16 PM. Reason: addition
Wobba is offline   Reply With Quote