WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
LordFede
Initiate

LordFede is unknown at this point
[3D Software] Which is more suitable for this task?

Hello machinimators!

I'm really in a hurry, because I've promised a machinima to my guild mates after a realm first (exactly 362 days ago) and I want to finish it before the anniversary

The problem here, there's a scene... An epic scene where we all (25 characters) are sprinting against the boss, but I hate how I have to FRAPS each character running and stopping (taking care of the perspective is a pain in the azz...), then making 25 video layers in Sony Vegas (which is about to crash xD jk) and that just for one take, the next one will be worse and so on...

So, watching videos in youtube I've seen that you can export a model from WowModelViewer, import it in some 3D rendering software and place multiple models in order to animate them all at once! So I'm gonna try it, not just for that, but the quality of image is really amazing when talking about these software.

I'm gonna tell you what I need it for, and you'll try to recommend me which 3D software to use in order to achieve the goal

I need to:
  • Import a character from WowModelViewer (including textures and SPRINT animation)
  • Place multiple characters and animate them at once (the "run" animation)
  • Record the footage inside the software, just like WMV. to use on Sony Vegas later.

I've heard about many of them, but I don't know which is the most easy to use, or simly suitable for the job... Cinema 4D, 3D Max Studio, Autodesk Maya, etc....

Please! I'm really looking forward for your suggestions.
PD: If you want to link me some tutorials for this, I'll be eternally grateful with you, and of course I'll give you the proper credits on the machinima.

Thanks in advance.
LordFede is offline   Reply With Quote