WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-25-2007, 01:24 AM   #1
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
Have I returned?

As some of you may know, I kinda took a fart from movie making...

(http://www.mmorpgforum.net/showthread.php?t=1770)

Well someone posted in there that a true creator of the world of movies doesn't let a few.... less intelligent people get you down.

So I'm considering coming back, but haven't decided for sure.

I'm currently working on a movie, a new idea of mine, never been done on wow yet. If this idea works, it could bring about a huge epidemic of people trying movies like this. Also I don't see a way to get 'downrated' even by the most moronic people because of my play-style in this type of video.

Wish me luck, I'm working hard and long on this... idea.. of mine..

If I can get where I want to go with the idea, and the movie does successful (at least in my eyes), I'll come back and keep trying to improve myself and make more movies. Maybe one day get a pvp movie recommended who knows...

We will see where this takes us, for tonight I have work but we will see..
Vandalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
vegito254

vegito254 is unknown at this point
Hey I must agree on the fact that the movie rating sucks a lot. What you see mostly is a movie that gets a high rate just because it's made by someone famous. Even if it's bad compared to his first movies. They just get 5 no matter what. Also new movie creators that sometimes have briliant ideas imo and make good movies get mostly downrated. If you have like a pvp movie where you fight 1 undergeared player there are people saying omfg you are fighting undergeared players and rate you down. The thing is that in real pvp you also fight undergeared players and imo there are some undergeared players that give me harder fights then the epic pve people that sometimes don't have a clue on how to fight in pvp(no offence here against pve people though. Pve is a part from this game and you play it as you like).

Also moviemakers saying in the description that this is a movie not to show skill but a movie to amuse with loads of editing and get downrated because some people are to lazy to read this and say omg to much editing and no skill at all. Or people that say after 3 minutes I turned it off, this sucks and rate it down. How can you rate a movie if you haven't seen it to the end I wonder then

Anyway all this to say I really hope that you keep going at making movies. Don't let people rate you down in such a way that you would quit your hobby. Because after all that's what this is I haven't shown any movie yet on WCM. I just make them because I like to and because I want to learn how this works. Would never quit because of people that give rates (and some probably never made a movie before and don't have a clue on how movie making works). I watched magestyle and Ironforge lapping race and I really enjoyed them. Had a blast lapping in IF myself although I didn't get very far it was fun Also thanks for the music that you gave with magestyle

I wish you the best of luck for your upcoming movie and I 'm really looking forward in seeing it

never give up!

greets
vegito254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:15 PM   #3
Punchline

Punchline is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegito254 View Post
Hey I must agree on the fact that the movie rating sucks a lot. What you see mostly is a movie that gets a high rate just because it's made by someone famous. Even if it's bad compared to his first movies. They just get 5 no matter what. Also new movie creators that sometimes have briliant ideas imo and make good movies get mostly downrated. If you have like a pvp movie where you fight 1 undergeared player there are people saying omfg you are fighting undergeared players and rate you down. The thing is that in real pvp you also fight undergeared players and imo there are some undergeared players that give me harder fights then the epic pve people that sometimes don't have a clue on how to fight in pvp(no offence here against pve people though. Pve is a part from this game and you play it as you like).

Also moviemakers saying in the description that this is a movie not to show skill but a movie to amuse with loads of editing and get downrated because some people are to lazy to read this and say omg to much editing and no skill at all. Or people that say after 3 minutes I turned it off, this sucks and rate it down. How can you rate a movie if you haven't seen it to the end I wonder then

Anyway all this to say I really hope that you keep going at making movies. Don't let people rate you down in such a way that you would quit your hobby. Because after all that's what this is I haven't shown any movie yet on WCM. I just make them because I like to and because I want to learn how this works. Would never quit because of people that give rates (and some probably never made a movie before and don't have a clue on how movie making works). I watched magestyle and Ironforge lapping race and I really enjoyed them. Had a blast lapping in IF myself although I didn't get very far it was fun Also thanks for the music that you gave with magestyle

I wish you the best of luck for your upcoming movie and I 'm really looking forward in seeing it

never give up!

greets
Off-Topic: That is a buttload of smiles.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
vegito254

vegito254 is unknown at this point
they say that a lot after my posts 8-) can't help it sorry
vegito254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:42 AM   #5
Succubusstudios

Succubusstudios is unknown at this point
Haha! Yeah.. .Good Luck Btw!