WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-07-2007, 02:11 AM   #1
pimpninpink
Initiate

pimpninpink is unknown at this point
Noob Question

i know you guys will say this question is completly noobish but how do you make a wow video? i mean how do you record it? do you put a video cam up to your moniter? is there a special program that records all your wow playin? i want to get into makin wow videos cuz i got some great ideas but i dont know how to record em. and i would realy apreciate it if some1 could show me to a forum that will teach me , or you yourself could teach me. thx alot
pimpninpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:09 AM   #2
godliest

godliest is notable
First, there are two programs that peoples use for recording in-game content.
Fraps
GameCam

GameCam is free. Fraps on the otherhand has a free trial version, but then u can only film for 30 seconds. Fraps is recommanded as it's better, but then u must pay. Guide to using Fraps

After filming with any of these 2 programs you would like to start putting together your movie. Guide to different Editing programs

Here is guide you would want to check out if ur using WoWModelViewer when creating the movie. Chroma Keying Guide

After putting together your movie you would want to encode it. Encoding guide

And now finally, to upload it so other persons then u and ur friends can watch it. Guide to Hosting your movie

Here are 2 programs I would recommand you to download as they are really handy when creating movies. WoW Map Viewer
WoW Model Viewer

Hopefully this will clarify a few things. Otherways just ask again what u didn't understand.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote