WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #1
thetoffmeister
Initiate

thetoffmeister is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback appreciated

Hey there..

I would like some feedback on my movie, download it, see it and tell me what you think

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=45071

http://stage6.divx.com/user/toffe/vi...he-movie-(PVP)

Last edited by thetoffmeister : 09-07-2007 at 08:11 AM.
thetoffmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:33 PM   #2
Dwârv

Dwârv is unknown at this point
You want feedback before you put a livestream, or you did not plan to put a livestream at all?
No livestream drastically reduces the chance of your movie being watched / judged on. Its sad, but in this fast world it's a fact.
I admit, that when I come across a movie with no livestream, I rather skip it and move on to the next interesting thing (that might have livestream) than dl it. Not really fair, but that's how I handle it. There's to many movies coming up every day, and this is in a way the first door a movie has to pass, before I watch it.

Regards

Dwârv
Old 08-15-2007, 08:20 PM   #3
thetoffmeister
Initiate

hehe, thanks for the tip..

I've got it on google video, but the quality sucks so I was trying to avoid that..
hehe, anyway.. it's on Google video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...37587029&hl=en

Hope you enjoy it now then ;P
Old 08-15-2007, 10:26 PM   #4
Dwârv

Dwârv is unknown at this point
Allright, now I took a look and this is what I've got to say:

You took on the most difficult section one can choose. There are by far more PvP movies coming out every day than any other section. The competition is tough, to say the least.
If you want to earn fame with a PvP movie, it has to be outstanding.
I can not judge on your skill, cause I am no PvP player, but I judge on entertainment and things like "does he/she try to explain whats going on in the movie?".
From this angle your movie is not outstanding. It's not bad either, you did put more efford in editing than most other authors. But still, it doesn't thrill me like "Shadow Word Dance 3", for example.
As far as I understand, you are pretty new here, so let me warn you: the comments on PvP movies are most likely the meanest you will find. Be prepared for all kind of rude remarks.
On the other hand : if you show real skill here (wich I cannot say, as mentioned), you can make yourself a name as well pretty fast. Usually this will not pass unnoticed, even if your editing does not rule.

Regards

Dwârv

PS : filefront offers a reasonable livestream btw, check it out.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:00 AM   #5
yoshi245

yoshi245 is unknown at this point
If you're going to put a video up on a stream, make sure you try to get it on stage6.divx.com before any others simply due to the fact they give the best viewing video quality.

I watched this on google video and sadly the quality there was ugly terrible(no offense to your video, but I don't like google's stream that much). From what I can make out of the video, bg movies with you firing at people who aren't necessarily paying attention to you won't give you much credit. I watched a couple minutes of it and just closed it off. Too many frost mage pvp movies nowadays, dime a dozen at this point, and the video quality due to the stream was just horrid.
yoshi245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:57 PM   #6
ubiquy

I can tell you that this video WILL get some ugly comments. Some points to moot: most of the scenes show you and a bunch of hordies zerging 1 or 2 alliance. Generally speaking, group pvp vids don't receive a lot of positive feedback, esp when you are not the target of the DPS. The video speed is probably a bit fast. The music is cliched, but whatever, it's still better than some monotonous techno. Actually "Mad world" is pretty good and novel.

Filefront stream is way better than google/youtube, and stage6 is way bettter than filefront.

Despite of the flames that you probably will receive, keep in mind that you at least MADE a video, and compared to most of your audience, that's something.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:22 PM   #7
thetoffmeister
Initiate

dwârv, Yeah, I know, but didn't make it to get attention and be known.. just wanted to learn how to make a movie, with editing and so on.. and it was fun, wanted to see what ppl thought
Thanks for the heads up about disrespectful comments.. I'll keep an eye out

Yoshi245, the problem was that you just watched a few minutes.. I've got a few scenes when I'm alone against multiple foes.. atleast for a moment or two ;P, and in the middle it goes over to fire.. with a nice transition

ubiguy, hehe, yeah, I know.. zerging ftw The "problem" is that I like group-pvp more than solo-pvp.. it's the feelin of teamwork.. screw everyone else if they don't like it, it's not my problem thanks for the heads-up

The reason I turned up the speed was that it was more pleasant to watch, more action to it.. not as slow as reality.. I like it that way

Hehe, thanks, yeah, I did make it.. I'm gonna make another one, probably not a pvp-movie though

thanks for all the input!
Old 08-18-2007, 06:37 AM   #8
DlouBent

DlouBent is unknown at this point
Yeah dude upload to stage6
DlouBent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:41 AM   #9
yoshi245

yoshi245 is unknown at this point
Google's streaming video quality was practically unbearable, main reason why I bothered to watch only a couple minutes of it. Get it up on stage6 and I'll watch it in full.
yoshi245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:14 PM   #10
Succubusstudios

Succubusstudios is unknown at this point
Agree with the guy above me xD!