WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-16-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
godliest

godliest is notable
Gank or Die 3

Ok, first, I'm not Skaarj, but a huge fan of the Gank or Die series. Skaarj (<3) has just released his 3rd part in the Gank or Die series, Gank or Die 3. I'm definitely gonna have fun watching this.

Quote:
Gank or Die!3 is the follow up from my two earlier PvP movies. Its been a while since I last time recorded a PvP-movie, almost an year, and lots has changed.

I am now level 70, and the gear has changed. Due to the new gear one can get, the socket system, more talent points and 10 extra levels, I have left the old thunderfury for a better weapon, and the possibility to get high critchance, something I feel is whats giving my warrior the upper edge today. 40,23% crit chance (zerk stance) is basicly like a mild version of permanent recklessness. This, along with over 2 years of being a warrior, is the reason you should watch my movie.

Everything is in World PvP, where I try to find fair fights against hordes. Of course, you wont see a "fairness" on the same level as arena and basic dueling, but hell, its still fun to watch.

Its a 30 min long movie, something that makes it kind of large compared to the "shorter" pvp-movies out there. If you want to watch it in stream-version, go ahead, I wont stop you, but I do belive you might lose some of the entertaiment from it. There is something special about seeing a PvP-movie in almost live-ingame quality. There is a medium quality version up on Filefront at the moment, but a higher quality version is to follow shortly.

With all that being said, enjoy my movie!

Oh, and if you are interessed about my gear, you will the information needed at the wow-europe armory, search for "Skaarj".

About the addons, I basicly use omnicooldown for the cooldowns-add, and lowHPalert for the ... "low hp alert"

- skaarj
For those who haven't watched Skaarjs older videos, here is Gank or Die, Gank or Die 2. Love the high quality of the movies, a clear recommandation from me

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 03:07 AM   #2
yoshi245

yoshi245 is unknown at this point
Let's hear the same music over and over again that we've seen in a bunch of other movies. Thank god for muting in Media Player Classic. Ugh.

The movie was average in my opinion, skills were hard to tell considering that the player had 40% crit(when you have that much, you don't need much skill, I got a fury warrior, I know).

Nice clusterfuck of a mess in middle of the screen due to SCT + gnome toon. For what it's worth, it's an average movie at best to me, the content was reasonable for world pvp, some duels, etc. But I couldn't find anything appealing enough to rate it any higher than 3.2/5. I also noticed at times this movie skipped a second or 2 at random areas. I tried watching it on VLC media player, same deal.

Personally if I wanted a better DW fury movie to watch, hulksmash does it, at least the music is different(despite people's ignorant hatred towards hip-hop/rap), it has the same content in various areas. DW fury warrior pvp'ing, may not be world/duels, and he may have a healer, but I found that to be a far more entertaining watch than this.

Last edited by yoshi245 : 03-17-2007 at 03:11 AM. Reason: addition of hulksmash as a better movie
yoshi245 is offline   Reply With Quote